When Genocide is Permissible

There is satan,

Oh boy, here we go...

Of course if you do actually meet satan, I am sure that you will not be able to admit it.

wat

It would defeat the purpose of boycotting God. I think that you would also agree with satan that genocide is always permissible.

...no seriously, I have no idea what you're trying to say :confused:

You can't boycott God, because there is no God.

And while getting rid of religion would be a good first step into the right direction, it wouldn't solve the Israel problem by itself.
Israel must free and compensate the palestinian people, and the palestinians must learn to forgive their killers, even if it takes generations.

Kinda like how when the jews were freed from the concentration camps.

There is satan, and he started the boycott God movement. I doubt he will deal with you individually, since just boycotting God was his goal and your own free choice already accomplished that goal. Of course if you do actually meet satan, I am sure that you will not be able to admit it. It would defeat the purpose of boycotting God. I think that you would also agree with satan that genocide is always permissible.

I've only stated god knows how many times that I am against genocide. If it is the case that Satan believes that genocide is "always permissible", then I would think that puts me and Satan pretty much in different camps. Doesn't it?

I also stated above, which apparently you haven't read, that I'm boycotting Satan too. As far as I'm concerned God and Satan can both go somewhere else and settle their differences.

Aroddo said:
getting rid of religion would be a good first step into the right direction

Wat ??? Into the left direction.

Aroddo said:
You can't boycott God, because there is no God.

Germans used "Gott mit uns" slogan since 1701 until 1945 but still lost, and "our Jewish scientists were better than their German scientists".

Yes, Prussian Gott doesn't exist, apparently.

God exists, in the same way that all other human ideas exist.

God exists, in the same way that all other human ideas exist.

God is the idea behind all ideas.

Wat ??? Into the left direction.

The political left calls itself 'left' because the other opposite of being right is wrong.

You are boycotting God, but despite this you are writing the same things as one of his Apostles.

It's a bit of a theological leap to say God has any Apostles.

See it and you will know why.

NOooooooo, it sucks! Horrible, boring movie

Isn't 'ninth gate' the one with that Caribiratean actor?
I don't recall any particularly ominous satan there. Pretty sure only a character in the movie is tied to 'satan', and the movie overall is rather forgetable.
Definitely one of the director's worst films as well (the tenant is vastly better ;) ).

In a sense, god is an idea that encompasses all other ideas.

The meaning of this is not obvious to me. If you mean that god can be found in every idea, then I don't see how that can be true, but perhaps you mean something else?

There is satan, and he started the boycott God movement. I doubt he will deal with you individually, since just boycotting God was his goal and your own free choice already accomplished that goal. Of course if you do actually meet satan, I am sure that you will not be able to admit it. It would defeat the purpose of boycotting God. I think that you would also agree with satan that genocide is always permissible.

Guess that was Satan who ordered Moses to genocide the Midianites, the Jews to genocide the Amorite Kingdom, the Og Kingdom, Jericho, Ai, etc etc

Where did I say that God did not permit it? Even humans cannot agree on whether it is permissible or not. All I said was that satan in his boycott God campaign would always agree that genocide is permissible. It would seem to me that only humans have the freedom to even acknowledge that God exists or not, much less what God's intents or purposes are.

Where did I say that God did not permit it? Even humans cannot agree on whether it is permissible or not. All I said was that satan in his boycott God campaign would always agree that genocide is permissible. It would seem to me that only humans have the freedom to even acknowledge that God exists or not, much less what God's intents or purposes are.

I don't approve of genocide on ANY occasion. Apparently God approves of it sometimes and the Devil all the time. So I am boycotting both.

So do you approve of "justifiable" genocide Tim, or do you think genocide is never permissible?

To be clear, this is the definition of genocide I am working with:

the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

source: Google "genocide"

I don't approve of genocide, justifiable or not. I would consider myself a pacifist anarchist. My intent in posting what I do is not to judge other peoples views. I tend to compare issues with knowledge I have gained, and make provocative statements. If it comes across as judgmental then it is subconscious, and means that I need to improve or stop posting.

I don't approve of genocide, justifiable or not. I would consider myself a pacifist anarchist. My intent in posting what I do is not to judge other peoples views. I tend to compare issues with knowledge I have gained, and make provocative statements. If it comes across as judgmental then it is subconscious, and means that I need to improve or stop posting.

Sounds good to me.

So I am boycotting God and Satan because apparently both approve of genocide, even if only "provisionally" in God's case.

You obviously will do what you want to do.

EDIT:
Spoiler :
Although, on second thought, if genocide is deemed "the killing of a large group of people" only, then killing a lot of soldiers who have crossed the border from another nation might be deemed "genocide". In that case it would seem pretty hard not to commit genocide, especially if the soldiers are indiscriminately doing genocide themselves. I suppose there is a point where defending oneself is permissible and where "passive resistance" is simply not a viable option.

Under that special condition (if that is an accurate interpretation) perhaps I would have to agree with God and say that "genocide" would therefore be permissible.

Since Israel seems to be crossing the border with its attacks and they are killing large numbers of Palestinians, it would seem permissible for Palestinians to defend themselves by "justified" genocide of large numbers of Israeli soldiers. But Israel is still committing "unjust" genocide. Since Hamas was building tunnels but had only so far killed maybe 3 Israeli teens from those tunnels, it would not be considered genocide by Hamas.

So maybe I will no longer boycott God, since I believe that God is "good" and "right" and that God would not approve of the current actions in Gaza of Israel "mowing the lawn".

Apparently God approves of it sometimes

Seeing as how God kills ALL people, I suppose that technically yes, God does approve of and even commit genocide. He doesn't kill "groups of" people--it's pretty much all of them. However, He is the one who created all life in the first place, so if anyone has any right to take life, it is Him.

Top Bottom