When trying to maximize score...

That's funny... my highest score for the game was from my first Settler level game... I did it for the achievement, but the score still taunts me ;)

True but then you throw away the other half of the game.

It's the only thing people can keep pointing to.

"But can you beat it if you don't do these 100 things and only use 1/3 of the map? Huh can you?"

Maybe they should release a game you can play based on the advertised features on the box.

I really am starting to think for any major franchise, this is indeed the worst release I can remember in the history of modern gaming.

Worse releases? Sure. But not for a major brand/franchise.

worse releases: Warhammer Online. Company: Mythic Entertainment. Large, well respected company produces game with extremely popular and profitable IP, game is so poorly coded that computers running 6x the recommended specs can barely eek 10fps out of it. Game also has no content or endgame and roughly 54785478989 bugs.

worse releases: World of Warcraft. Company: Blizzard Entertainment. Even larger more well respected and rich company produces game with extremely popular IP, game is a complete mess with only two sides one of which is approximately 30x better at both pve and pvp than the other side leading to 99.9% of servers having huge population disparity. Game pulls through via infinite amounts of money from Blizzard combine with incredible levels of addictiveness + child friendly gameplay / advertising.

That list can just keep going.

The released modding system for Civ V combine with the relatively few bugs and relatively few changes that need to be made to induce balance puts Civ V's release pretty high up there on my list. You may be playing a different game than me, but I have seen bad releases, and this isn't what it looks like. Usually the first patch is 200 pages long 195 of which are bug fixes :crazyeye:

If you are incapable of making a game fun by imposing slight restrictions upon yourself, perhaps games like CoD:MW2 would be more up your ally :)

Or, try playing with all of Thalass' balance mods on deity pangaea and abuse all the things you want.

Wait ... if game score is unaffected by the # of turns taken or difficulty level, what if I turn off the time limit, then wait until the very very last moment?

Just wondering how much population I can accumulate on a huge map.
On Settler difficulty.

Broken scoring is broken.

Although, there IS that achievement for settler difficulty, so I probably should grab it sometime ...

This was my top game, Emp, Mongols, Domination. Resulted in HoF score of approx 6150. With future tech every 1 turn, score goes up really fast.

[edit] In game score was about 4500. Razed almost 0 cities after the initial wave of conquest in the early game.

Hrm so it must scale with map size? since I was getting 5500 HOF off a 2900 in game score on a standard map.

EDIT: Wait is that a standard map? If it is then what is causing the difference in multipliers.

Hrm so it must scale with map size? since I was getting 5500 HOF off a 2900 in game score on a standard map.

EDIT: Wait is that a standard map? If it is then what is causing the difference in multipliers.

Having many many future techs?

Sorry, should have included. This was large map size, standard pace.

Sorry, should have included. This was large map size,

Ah ok, there must be a lower multiplier for larger map sizes. I'm sure there's a value someone can find the files somewhere. So it seems that if you wanted to play a score maximizing game it would not necessarily be on a 'huge' map.

That's funny... my highest score for the game was from my first Settler level game... I did it for the achievement, but the score still taunts me ;)

Same here. For a long time I was annoyed at getting lower scores on games that were orders of magnitude more work.

Top Bottom