• Summer 24

• Autumn 24

• By the end of the year 24

• Spring 25

• Autumn 25

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a big fan of revolutionary changes, my guess is that this wouldn't be the thing to do. Strategy fanbases are somewhat conservative when it comes to changes like that (regardless of execution - it simply ends up polarising).
Changes don't have to be revolutionary to be polarizing and alienating to a portion of the playerbase. But as Civ V and VI proved, it's worth it to them as long as they bring in 10 new casual players for each 1 old player alienated.

Changes don't have to be revolutionary to be polarizing and alienating to a portion of the playerbase. But as Civ V and VI proved, it's worth it to them as long as they bring in 10 new casual players for each 1 old player alienated.

The juxtaposition being between 'casual' and 'old' players is interesting - obviously new players are going to be more casual on getting into it, but my experience has been that more of the friends I got into the series with Civ 5/6 have gone on to be more invested in the series than those I got in with Civ 4.

As a big fan of revolutionary changes, my guess is that this wouldn't be the thing to do. Strategy fanbases are somewhat conservative when it comes to changes like that (regardless of execution - it simply ends up polarising).

1 upt in Civ5 comes to mind. :D That game did end up getting better, but I wasn't a fan in the beginning.

1 upt in Civ5 comes to mind. :D That game did end up getting better, but I wasn't a fan in the beginning.
I mean, I (greatly!) enjoyed Beyond Earth, so who knows how valid my opinion is to be fair :D

Can't wait to make a bunch of wild inane inferences from blurred images and unrelated twitter posts. One eventually lands, then people bask in your outstanding perceptiveness
Hi welcome to CivFanatics

1715350425382.png

and let me be very clear: i wouldn't have it any other way :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom