Where are the graphics mods?

Willowmound

Wordbug
I've noticed that there aren't any graphics mods, either here or in the in-game browser. Which leads me to ask, how long did it take before we saw any graphics mods for Civ 4?

Are graphics particularly tricky in Civ 5?

Specifically, I'm hoping for someone to change the trading post graphics, preferably into something resembling little villages (and maybe change the name too). But this total lack of any graphics mod is having me worried. Should I worry? What's the deal here?

lol, we've had the SDK for what, two weeks now?

relax, it's coming.

i really hope they release some kind of kit or update to the sdk so we will be able to change the game art, it would be like slapping a feversick person if they miss this out on civ5....

By now I would have released an entire graphics mod and be half way through a second IF THE MOD TOOLS WERE WORKING. :(

I'm kind of low-experience with modding, but I'm VERY low-experience with modding with models and textures and all that. But, I still gave it a try to see what was possible and... yeah, if there's a way to do it, it's certainly not user-friendly right now. The XML modding works fantastic, so I think that's what most people are doing. But, even if people were excellent modelers and texture artists, I don't think there's much for them to work with here yet.
The only thing I think is possible right now is 2D graphic modding with .dds files. Things like new icons, loading screens, civ flags, etc. I'm sure it won't stay that way forever, though. Like many aspects of Civ, you can tell there was a bit of "rushing", but they're clearly still working on it. And personally, I'm glad I'm playing it now as it is, instead of slightly better for the first time at Christmas :lol:

Top Bottom