Where is Martian War Machine unit?

Flamegrape

Warlord
A long time ago, I downloaded a unit called Martian War Machine. It's the alien vehicle that can be seen in the famous movie, War of the Worlds (1953), produced by George Pal. (See picture here.) I don't know who created the unit. I still have the files I downloaded, but it came with no documentation.

Anyway, whoever originally created this unit did a pretty good job. However, the animation is fraught with errors. Furthermore, the attack animations did not look very much like the weapons seen in the movie. So I've taken it upon myself to repair the unit and make it... well, I hate to put it this way, but... I intend to make it usable. Right now it has so many bugs that's it's not worth putting in a game. :blush:

I would like to know who originally created this unit and contact that person. If I can't contact the author, at least I would like to be able to give that person the proper credit.

Drift

It's a boy!

Wyrmshadow

Deity
I made it a long time ago so it has a lot of pallete problems.

Wyrmshadow

Deity
Well it's what I was talking about. No one else has made martian units.

Drift

It's a boy!
This would be easier if you posted a pic of the unit itself. That pic doesn't ring bells at least for me, but a pic of the unit might. :)

Wyrmshadow

Deity
What would make it even easier is if you poeple would pay attention to what I have to say!!!!!!

I made the manta ship LAST summer. So the quality is not great. It was one of my first units. Had lots of pallete and perspective problems.

NO ONE ELSE HAS MANY ANY MARTIAN UNITS. Can you hear me now?

Flamegrape

Warlord
Wyrmshadow said:
Well it's what I was talking about. No one else has made martian units.

Oh.

Sorry.

It's just that the link provided by Drift didn't point towards the unit I had downloaded a long time ago.

Anyway, do you still have the project files for that unit? I wanted to update it.

Drift said:
This would be easier if you posted a pic of the unit itself. That pic doesn't ring bells at least for me, but a pic of the unit might. :)

This is the unit:

Attachments

• marsattacka.gif
    marsattacka.gif
    33.2 KB · Views: 177

Mr. Will

Mister
@Wyrm,
I just ried to open your Martian units in Civ3FLC, and it freaked out. An error message popped up and the program died. Any suggestions?

BTW, the pictures of your units are great.

MarineCorps

Explosion!
Mr. Will said:
@Wyrm,
I just ried to open your Martian units in Civ3FLC, and it freaked out. An error message popped up and the program died. Any suggestions?

BTW, the pictures of your units are great.

The problem would be with the program. I tried using it once but it completly froze my system.

Mr. Will

Mister
It works fine on all of my other files, just not these martian units. Maybe they were corrupted during the download? Oh well. I'll try again later.

Top Bottom