Where is the DLC Mod folder?

Rowanna Sands

Chieftain
Hey, no idea if this is the right place, so sorry if not.
I'm making a mod for personal use and I wanted to steal some bits from other people's mods, such as/GB unit models. This has been fine to an extent, but the problem is I cannot find half of the mods in my folder. When choosing what mods to select in-game, the mods that appear at first are the same as what's in my mods folder. If I tick show DLC mods, all the mods that I subscribed to on Steam but have not appeared in my mods folder are there. Are the DLC mods stored somewhere else? Is there some extra step I need to do to get Steam to extract the files into the mods folder for me to view?
Any help is appreciated please

So long since I've played I had to start the game and find the DLC Mods tick box to work out what you meant! They are the scenarios that come with the DLC and can be found in the Scenarios sub-folders of the DLC_X sub-folders, eg "\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\DLC_01\Scenarios" for the Mongol invasion scenario

No, I looked in my scenarios folders in DLC_01 and Expansion2 and I don't see the mods, only stuff that came with the game.
Let me try and clarify what I mean.

So I went through the Steam workshop and subscribed to a bunch of mods that had elements I liked. If I then look in my Documents>Games>Civ5>Mods folder it only shows about half of these mods.
I start up the game to get to the main menu. Here I click 'MODS'. The mods that were showing in my documents mods folder are the same ones that show up in the in-game mod list. However, if I click 'Options' at the top right of the in-game mods list, I get a pop up with a single check box: 'Show DLC Mods'. Once I checked that, all my missing mods that I had subscribed to appeared in the in-game list. However, they still do not seem to be in my documents mods folder. Most of them are either custom civs or giant overhauls of new stuff.

Oh nevermind, I was completely off, I just looked for a specific one and it didn't show up, the scroll bar getting smaller was the scenarios appearing like you said, my apologies. Guess these mods aren't showing up at all, but at least that means I know where to look to fix it now. Thanks!

Top Bottom