Where should we found the second city? - Runoff

Where should we found the second city?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noldodan

2 years of waiting...
Since the last vote for this topic was tied at 13-13, a runoff poll is necessary. This poll will be open for 1 day, closing just prior to the chat. Here is the link to that poll, here is the dicsussion, and here's the map:

Can't see the map. :hmm:

Edit: works now.

The one at the coast is worse. Inland, we will only have one tile of sea there.

I think the C (Coastal - nice coincidence...) is better as we will have more options for our inland cities apart from the obvious harbour + navy potential. Another item of note is that D shares two tiles with the capital, whereas C only shares one.

Vote for Site D. The second option for a second city that will flourish. Don't let our second city flounder as some helpless seaside resort. We need a city that will help us immediately with growth and production.

VOTE D

Abstain, public poll.

-- Ravensfire

G is a better coastal city. (I am pretty sure it is coastal, if not then I vote C)

zorven said:
G is a better coastal city. (I am pretty sure it is coastal, if not then I vote C)
G is not a coastal city, there's a hill there.

While C is a coastal city, we need to worry about settling this continent before we worry about a navy. Site offers a site for a city to actually grow, unlike site D.

Vote for D.

i voted site C, it has that little patch of grassland above it, the gems to the side and the coast for future buildings and the such like.

I voted for site C. I figure we might as well get a port out of it, plus it doesn't have so much overlap with the capital.

Here I agree with Epimethius, we save city tiles of Fanatikku for the long haul, we have the opportunity to use this as a productive port in term 2, we get one gem, we save enough place for the multi-gem city farther south, and the city farther east Noldodan proposed. I would urge everyone who thinks big, in terms of creating room for other sustainable cities. PLUS I agree with Donovan Zois one tile away from ocean allergy.

I'm all for C. As it has been mentioned before, it won't share too many tiles with the capitol, it has harbor potential, and access to gems.

Also to consider, when those hills are railroaded thry will give alot of industrial shield power. Does seem to be a good possibility that the position to the left of C to be a hill as well, so between mined hills and harbor increased coastal tiles it'll have a good shield count....That and the irrigated grassland tile.

I voted for site C since it would enable us to get the gems within the city's starting culture borders :).

donsig said:
Why in the name of all that is Holy is there an other option in a run-off poll? :confused:

:lol: :lol:

I dunno, I voted C. My reason? Several of them.....

New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisico, San Diego, Boston, Detroit, Seattle, Newport News, Baltimore.........

And that's the US alone. Basically, if you are close to the water, it makes sense to settle there. ;)

Down with one-tile-inland cities! Vote C!

Another aspect with having a port, is that we can transport volumes of troops by a vaster distance, especially if there are no roads. Ocean is also a transit, not only a barrier denying access. So site scores well on the following:

Port
ocean improvements
max tile usage
only one tile shared with Fanatikku, not two
creates room for other city plans in the south and in the east
alternative D disrupts 2-3 other city plans
one tile away from ocean, not appropriate
If there is no iron, it allows a shift in strategy
It has gems as well

The ministry of War wants location C becasue of its capabilities and more importantly access to the sea. To have a port so close to the capital meaning less corruption is exactly what the Ministry of Wants.

- Sarevok
Minister of War

Top Bottom