where to download manolo's mod which solves the "double move" problem?

Bob_the_Silent

Chieftain
Hi all

A while ago I saw a mod which solves the double move problem in pitboss, created by a user called Manolo. http://apolyton.net/content.php/72-How-will-1UPT-affect-Simultaneous-Multiplaying

unfortunately the download is unavailable 'cause it was provided at megaupload.com, a site which is abandoned meanwhile

does anyone know where I can get this mod from? maybe Astrologix? if you have a look in here by accident ;)

thank you in advance

I know some folks from Apolyton have the mod downloaded and even they integrated it in some other mods, so if you ask there or in www.weplayciv.com maybe you will find it.

But we discussed it and there were strong considerations against actually we use it in a game.

thx, I will have a look

Could you mention some of these considerations? For me that mod looks pretty ideal

I'm been thinking recently about writing a more dynamic version of this kind of war fix.

Ideally, I'd like players who are at war with each other to not have their turns active at the same time, but for players who are not at war to be unaffected. Eg, suppose there is a game with 5 teams, called A, B, C, D, and E. Suppose team A is at war with B and C; and team C is at war with A and D; and E is not at war.. The turn might go something like this:

Activate teams A, D, and E. (so that they can have their turns simultaneously.)
When team A ends turn, activate team B.
When both A and D end their turn, activate team C.
(Team E can be playing for the whole turn, with no one waiting for them until the next turn.)

I think a system like that would be really good; and I reckon it can be implemented. But there are some cases where the rules could get a bit cumbersome or confusing on the turn that war is declared when there is some complicated set of wars already in progress. ... ...

Anyway, I'm considering maybe writing something like that in the future.

The description on the page you linked to really isn't clear to me, because of the broken English.

Features included in the mod:
* Control of double turn in war.
The turn is set when a player ends turn to war and out of the game. From there the mod checks that each player can only turn into war.
It is forbidden to declare war on other players are online

I don't understand what "the turn is set" means, or what "can only turn into war" means. And I don't like the part about only being able to declare war when someone is offline. Doesn't that mean one could avoid war by never going offline?

But anyway, if the mod actually does work the way I was trying to describe in my previous post, then that sounds good. :)

means that the "orden of turns in war" are set when someone declares a war and gets out of the game. Theres where the mod set the orden of turns. Thats because you should not declare war to someone thats is online.

Top Bottom