Where to edit the barbarian cannot enter claimed tiles at beginning of game?

BornDownUnder

Warlord
As title states, I cannot find any entry in the files that would indicate the change so I can revert/adjust the delay in which barbarians cannot enter claimed lands.

Can someone point me to the location or provide insight as to how I would go about creating a modmod for myself (Others as well if they want it) so I can induce a neccesity to clear the barbarian encampments?

While the newly exposed spawn related settings are great, they unfortunately cannot overcome this issue where one can just retreat to claimed lands to heal and regroup.

You can find it in Defines table. There is a lot of barbarian-related stuff there.
Code:
BARBARIAN_INITIAL_SPAWN_TURN
BARBARIAN_MIN_SPAWN_DELAY
BARBARIAN_CAMP_MINIMUM_DISTANCE_CAPITAL
BARBARIAN_CAMP_CLEARED_MIN_TURNS_TO_RESPAWN
BARBARIAN_NAVAL_UNIT_START_TURN_SPAWN
MAX_BARBARIANS_FROM_CITY_NEARBY
MAX_BARBARIANS_FROM_CITY_NEARBY_RANGE
And some other stuff too.

Many thanks for the reply N.Core.

However I cannot for the life of me find any entry that would define a turn counter which would prevent barbarians from entering a claimed tile?

@BornDownUnder EarliestBarbarianReleaseTurn in (2) Vox Populi > Balance Changes > Difficulty > DifficultyMod.xml. The value entered is randomized by +/- 2 turns, and also affects when Barbarians are allowed to attack a tile that contains a Settler.

Note that there's an entry for each difficulty level.

Top Bottom