Which Civ4 Wonders of the World Have You Visited?

Which Civ4 Wonders of the World Have You Visited?

• Total voters

OzzyKP

Emperor
Howdy Civ4 folks!

Simple question, which of the Civ4 wonders of the world have you personally visited? After answering the poll, please post to say how many you've visited, let's see who has the most!

I'm excluding those that are destroyed and lost, but including those with ruins that can still be visited. These are the Lost Wonders not included in the polls:
Colossus
Great Library
Great Lighthouse
Hanging Gardens
Mausoleum at Maussollos
Oracle
Statue of Zeus
Temple of Artemis

Looks like I've been to 11 of the 25 wonders, that's 44%! It is helpful that they are so concentrated in a few cities, heh. Going to NYC, Paris and the Vatican knocks out 8 of them.

I've been to:
Apostolic Palace (Vatican City)
Broadway (New York City, USA)
Eiffel Tower (Paris, France)
Hagia Sophia (Istanbul, Turkey)
Hollywood (Hollywood, California, USA)
Notre Dame (Paris, France)
Pentagon (Arlington, USA)
Sistene Chapel (Vatican City)
Statue of Liberty (New York City, USA)
United Nations (New York City, USA)
Versailles (Versailles, France)

I've been to all the wonders in Europe and the US with the exception of Hollywood and the wonders in Turkey. I live close to the Pentagon. I've been to Rhodos so I've been to the Colossus in spirit :). Also, I've been to the site of the Oracle.

I've been to 18 of these, definitely more then I though eyeballing the list. Civ 4 has a pretty nice list of wonders, its pretty interesting how each game approached the task of deciding what constitutes a wonder and which ones to include. All of Civ 4's wonders are actual places (no cure for cancer or Magellan's expedition here)

16/25, so 64%. I wonder how many will have to vote before we have confirmation that each wonder is covered :think:

I've also been to the ruins of the Great Lighthouse and the Temple of Artemis.

So far only to the Apostolic Palace, Chichén Itza, the Parthenon, and the Sistine Chapel (spelling error in your poll :) ). I have also been to some of the wonders included in RFC Dawn of Civilization and Age of Empires II though. :p

16/25, so 64%. I wonder how many will have to vote before we have confirmation that each wonder is covered :think:

I've also been to the ruins of the Great Lighthouse and the Temple of Artemis.
Oh nuts, I didn’t realize there were ruins of the Lighthouse and Temple available to tour. Should have been on the poll.
All of Civ 4's wonders are actual places (no cure for cancer or Magellan's expedition here)

I started working on Civ3 but gave up because of all of these conceptual wonders. But Civ4 does have “Rock & Roll”
So far only to the Apostolic Palace, Chichén Itza, the Parthenon, and the Sistine Chapel (spelling error in your poll :) ).

Oops!

Oh nuts, I didn’t realize there were ruins of the Lighthouse and Temple available to tour. Should have been on the poll.
The Lost Wonders are probably fine left off the poll. To my understanding, the base of the Great Lighthouse remains repurposed as a Mamluk fort. While there is a lone pillar at the ruins of the Temple of Artemis, I would not go so far as to say either of those sites compares to what remains of the Parthenon or the Pyramids.

But Civ4 does have “Rock & Roll”
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is located in Cleveland, Ohio. It is just as much a real place as Broadway or Hollywood.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is located in Cleveland, Ohio. It is just as much a real place as Broadway or Hollywood.
And I’ve been there.

I see Paris, Rome, and New York are well represented.

I've been to Machu Picchu, and then I realized it's not a wonder in the game. feels more like a wonder than a city though.

I see Paris, Rome, and New York are well represented.

I've been to Machu Picchu, and then I realized it's not a wonder in the game. feels more like a wonder than a city though.
Same. :)

Someone should make a combined list of all Civilizations, Humankind, Age of Empires, perhaps Empire Earth... RFC Dawn of Civilization, maybe, but it'd feel arbitrary and including mods such as Caveman2Cosmos would be too much.

anyone care to rate the most-worth-visiting for the ones they've been to?

For the ones I've been to:

Broadway is worth it if you're in NY.
Statue of Liberty is kind of cool to see from a distance, but don't spend a bunch of time on it.
Pentagon and UN are pretty pointless as a tourist, since you can't go inside, and they aren't interesting from outside.

Top Bottom