Which Civ6 Wonders of the World Have You Visited? (Pt 1)

Which Wonders of the World Have You Visited?

• Apadana (Persepolis, Iran)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Etemenanki (Baghdad, Iraq)

• Great Bath (Mohenjo-daro, Pakistan)

• Great Zimbabwe (Masvingo, Zimbabwe)

• Jebel Barkal (Karima, Sudan)

• Kilwa Kisiwani (Kilwa Masoko, Tanzania)

• Total voters

OzzyKP

Emperor
Howdy folks!

Simple question, which of the Civ6 wonders of the world have you personally visited? After answering the poll, please post to say how many you've visited (from both threads), let's see who has the most!

I'm excluding those that are destroyed and lost, but including those with ruins that can still be visited. Unfortunately there aren't enough options on the poll so I need to start a second thread. Be sure to answer the poll in the second thread too!

Here are the lost wonders that aren't included in this poll/thread:
Colossus
Great Library
Great Lighthouse
Hanging Gardens
Huey Teocalli
Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
Oracle

Last edited:
18/44, 40.9%--not even half! So much to explore in the world even in the tiny selection of world heritage that has made it as a wonder.

Broadway, Golden Gate Bridge, Colosseum. I'm guessing that Colosseum will be the top vote getter and Admunson-Scott, Etemananki, and Great Bath lowest.

(After reading below I remembered I've been to Oracle too.)

Last edited:
You can still visit the ruins of Mausoleum at Halicarnassus (https://goo.gl/maps/PkqjvHVfpUsHeSGDA) and the Oracle (https://goo.gl/maps/CWdQNQYnHiV33gn66)

Otherwise I've been to 9 (Across both polls) of which despite being British, enver been to Stonehenge or Oxford despite them being very close. And I was perhaps less than a kilometer away from the Eiffel Tower and Kotuku-In.

None, lol.. Not even golden gate bridge and I live 400 miles away...

Last edited:
It's always a little chuckle when my wife and I travel and I point out that 'place' is one of the Civ wonders. I travel a lot but barely made it to more than 50% of the wonders... 24 out of 44, but will be adding a couple more in the next year of travels.
JnLWorldTravel2023s.jpg

Poll one 13 out of 30 and poll two 11 out of 14.

Last edited:
23 out of the 44 for me. Giving myself credit for U of Sankore- was in Timbuktu and went by that structure, never went inside. The Great Mosque at Djenne would be a better Wonder for Mali imo....

edit: oops, it's 24. Skipped over Meenakshi Temple. Been to Venice several times but never to the Venetian Arsenal. Will make it a point to go next time!

Last edited:
You're not counting natural wonders like Eyjafjallajökull or Ayers Rock (uluru)? I just like Eyjafjallajökull. When it was causing all that ruckus and diverting air travel back in 2010, I remember the news readers doing a double take before trying to pronounce it. That's why they should be kind to their copy writers, or else they'll look like a goose on national TV : )

You're not counting natural wonders like Eyjafjallajökull or Ayers Rock (uluru)? I just like Eyjafjallajökull. When it was causing all that ruckus and diverting air travel back in 2010, I remember the news readers doing a double take before trying to pronounce it. That's why they should be kind to their copy writers, or else they'll look like a goose on national TV : )
I'll get around to doing natural wonders at some point in a separate poll.

As it happens, the only one I think was Venetian Arsenal which is in the other poll, even that only from distance :D
But you gave me good todo list idea for planning vacations

Alhambra, the Big Ben, the Casa de Contratación, Chichén Itza, the Colosseum, Machu Picchu, the Orzágház, the Torre de Belém, and the Venetian Arsenal. :)
You could also make an argument for Huey Teocalli, given that I've been to CDMX and saw the various temples/ruins around there. :p

Last edited:
Howdy Guys,

Love this thread and there have been others early on with Civ 6 and then with Civ 5 etc. Just counted 11 for me from the list. It will actually be more like 13 after my trip this Summer to Europe. National Parks should be included too. I am excited to visit the Chichen Itza this coming September when we go to Cancun for my 20th anniversary. Did not know it was only a two hour trip from Cancun so I am definitely going. From Civ 5 there was the HImeji Castle. I have been there multiple times. Also the Neuschwanstein Castle I have been too also. I think the Grand Canyon was listed in Civ 5?

For the Civ 6 list my favorite is by far that I have been too is the Alhambra in Granada Spain. It's my all time favorite tourist attraction in all of Europe. Been there twice for full days each time. Also have the Washington Irving Book. That said...you can't beat RIO with the Crist and when you get to see MESSI at the COPA tournament at the Maracana.....the stadium that PELE built ...it's Priceless.

Someone should comprise a list of ALL WONDERS CIv have included in there games. I am guessing I would be up to about 20.

The wonders I would love to see in person would be Machu Picchu and Mont St. Michel. Those two would be Awesome.

Peace Out....Brew God

The wonders I would love to see in person would be Machu Picchu
Take the Salkantay Trek and hike to it for five days like the Inca did. Absolutely amazing experience!

Only 11 (including the Venetian Arsenal which you can't visit, still a military base, but I have looked upon). Seen stuff in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas but missed some low hanging fruit like Oxford Uni which is shameful for a Brit.

edit: apparently the Arsenal is now operations centre for the MOSE project, Venices flood defences.

Last edited:
So to combine all the threads:

Civilization IV, 4/25: The Apostolic Palace, Chichén Itza, the Parthenon, and the Sistine Chapel.
Civilization V, 9/40: Alhambra, the Big Ben, Chichén Itza, the Leaning Tower, Machu Picchu, Neuschwanstein, the Parthenon, the Sistine Chapel, and the Uffizi (though only outside).
Civilization VI, 9/44: Alhambra, the Big Ben, the Casa de Contratación, Chichén Itza, the Colosseum, Machu Picchu, the Orzágház, the Torre de Belém, and the Venetian Arsenal (you could also make an argument for Huey Teocalli, given that I've been to CDMX and saw the various temples/ruins around there).

Last edited:
Thanks for the poll, I submitted my answers. I also have a few questions.

Why do you consider the Oracle lost? The ruins of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi are still standing, even though scientists did not locate any feature there that might be interpreted as what the ancients considered to be the source of the prophetic fumes (or whatever you want to call them) that supposedly induced the Pythia's trance.

Also, can you not see the excavated ruins of Huey Teocalli in Mexico City? They can be seen on Google Maps, and there are countless photos of them online, as well as reports from the excavations.

Top Bottom