Which is the best Government

Yes you can. I have a game going right now that i am whooping a bunch of ai fundies. In every way. Just wait until you have a bunch of luxes and wonders and your ready.
Load that and see

I play Commie because, as Dark Ascendant have pointed out it is stress free.

What I lwould like to know. How easy is it to win Civ-2 with Commie, at the higher Difficulti-levels, like Emperor or Deity?

Is *ABSOLUTELY* necessary to go Democratic?

It's far from necessary, any government is possible (even despotism I suspect). If you celebrate your cities, you will produce as much tradein communism as in a democracy, so as long as you base most of your income and research on caravan/freight-deliveries, you get most of the big advantages of democracy in communism.

Democracy have two things you can't get in commnism though, and that is that you can't be bribed by the AI, and that you can Supergrow your cities (also possible in republic). The Supergrowth strategy can boost your empire quite a lot, and is why I usually go for demo and rep.:)

If you're only war-mongering, communism and fundamentalism are usually better than demo.

funxus said:
If you're only war-mongering, communism and fundamentalism are usually better than demo.

I am not war mongering, prefer to win by "Spaceship" than by "Conquest", but rather totalitarian. Love to think about how I rule with absolute supremacy and ruthlessness, there's a "Calvin" from "Calvin & Hobbes" (Kalle & Hobbe) in me.

Often I wish there would be the gov. type "Fascism" with "city improvements" like work-camp, or "other" type of camps, that would have the effect of making civil dissorder and bribing impossible, all potential rebels/traitors would live in *fear* (hehe) of what it would mean to cross the Fuhrer. ;) .

I suppose that I am giving the wrong impression of me, but the nice thing about computer-games is that you can do things you'd *never* dream of *actually* doing to your fellow humans in *real* life. :goodjob:

Oh yeah! That patch's graphics rock!

In the lategame I prefer Democracy or Fundy, depending the style I'm playing, I sometimes use this strat, go to democracy, switch lux up to 100 for my cities to grow and then automatically switch to fundy, this is a great strat I think.

Fallen Angel Lord said:
In the lategame I prefer Democracy or Fundy, depending the style I'm playing, I sometimes use this strat, go to democracy, switch lux up to 100 for my cities to grow and then automatically switch to fundy, this is a great strat I think.

Pretty interesting strategy. Will try this one to.
:)

i usually go from despotism to monarchy, to republic to fundamentalism

Fundamentalism is my favorite b/c everyone's happy, you can declare war and you usually don't have money problems by then.

Seanjuan6, you may not have money problems in fundy, but I'm sure that you have science problems. You may use caravans, but the payout won't be magnificent, and it is always nice to be ahead and not worrying about having to stoop to theft to keep up with the world science levels. Woe to you if the world is full of democracies that don't like you. They will speed along their science, while you hope the ai misses the loaded transport of smugglers trying to speed up your sci, or spies (if you got that far) going to try to commit theft.

yeah. i hear ya. i'm ususally pretty ahead in science by that time. i usually focus on that rather than money early on in the game.

i usually change all my elvis's in the city populations to scientists anyway, so science really isn't an issue.

I say I have science problems if I'm not speading along in science but just getting techs every once in a while. Check out the power democracy thread that Andu wrote, and see if fundy will still cut it.

It seems to me that I always have more unhappy citizens in Republic Government than I do Democracy. I also seem to have more corruption in a Republic. Is there a reason or am I not seeing the forest for the trees?

Top Bottom