Which Isabela LH Do You Prefer? (Poll Inside)

Which Isabela LH Do You Prefer

• Tanned and Demure

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • Pale and y

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • Neither, I hate Isabela

Votes: 11 14.5%

• Total voters

iOnlySignIn

Prince$s
Which Isabela Leaderhead do you prefer? Both are made by Melcher.

Option 1: Tanned and Demure

melcher kürzer;10261978 said:
Hey everyone,
I present you my next LH. This is a special one for me. I wanted to do a european queen since my first LH, but i couldn't find a good one. After my last LH i decided to just do Isabella because i don't really like the old one. I my opinion the firaxis version don't fit. The animation are way to overacting and she dosen't look very prideful like a queen. I can't take her serious.

Anyway, if you like my version please let me know what you think. If you like the old version better, fine, just stay with that one.

More Screenshots:

Spoiler :

Option 2: Pale and B!tchy

melcher kürzer;11422970 said:
Probably my last Leaderhead. At least for normal non fictional Civ4.

More Screenshots:

Spoiler :

I prefer the first one, but I hate Isabella. Killing thousands out of 'religious' zeal and destroying the last remnants of Muslim culture on Iberia is nothing to be proud of, tbh.

Well, I take the liberty to quote myself from the suggestions thread.

Between those two I prefer the current one for historical reasons. Isabella was spanish, but foremost she was royalty and as such would hardly ever in her life have come into contact with direct sunlight. Tan was the mark of a low birth, because only the lowly had to expose themselves to the sun.
That is, of course, unless someone is able and willing to provide evidence to the contrary.

I take it that 'B!tchy' is meant derogatory for the leaderhead, but that's exactly how she behaves in my games, so it's all the more appropriate. :p

Also, in support of my historical argument:

De ojos azules, [...] ; de abundante cabello rubio oscuro; de tez blanca y sonrosada [...].

She had blue eyes, abundant dark red hair and a white and rosy complexion.

Well, I take the liberty to quote myself from the suggestions thread.

I take it that 'B!tchy' is meant derogatory for the leaderhead, but that's exactly how she behaves in my games, so it's all the more appropriate. :p

Also, in support of my historical argument:

She had blue eyes, abundant dark red hair and a white and rosy complexion.

Yes, i see no reason for a tanned isabella. European royalty did not call itself blue blood for nothing, they took pride on how pale they were.

I like the one that is currently there, realistic and evil at the same time.

Plus, why would Isabella ever be tanned? She was a red haired blue eyed pale skinned person. She did many good things, but the thing that sticks out(bad) is that she force converted several Muslims and Jewish, all the ones who didn't get exiled(and most likely killed)

I think El Cid would be better as an early leader for Spain.

I think El Cid would be better as an early leader for Spain.

Why do you think so? He was just a general, who had the fortune to end up as master of a city, and to complicate matters had served both christian and moorish rulers, who are both also civs in DoC.

He tried to build ties with the Moors and respected both Christians and Muslims. He was also a skilled general and tactitian.

El Cid, as Stazro said, was just a general. He never became King of Spain or something.

I prefer the vanilla BTS LH due to hotness - improved by Catherines slapping animation.

I just couldn't think of any good spanish kings.

I just think the latest LH is the obvious choice really. More accurate, more detailed and overall more Spanish in nature. The sexual appeal of the LH is kind of irrelevant IMO, if it means that much to you iOSI you could always swap a picture of Megan Fox with the LH images or Beyonce /whatever.

Re: What the real Isabela looks like, please ask yourself two questions:

(1) What do Spanish people you know/heard of IRL look like? Do they look more Germanic, like Scandinavians? Or do they look more Mediterranean, like Italians/Greeks? Think about their history. And the history of the Greco-Roman civilization verses the migration of the Germanic peoples.

(2) Consider the era which Isabela came from. Her kingdom was at war with the Moors. A war rife with religious and racist fervor. Now suppose Isabela was actually indeed tanned (not completely dark-skinned like the Moors, but just tanned like many Spanish people are today). How would the racist & religiously zealous Spanish & European historians describe her? As "looking like a half-Moorish hybrid"?

Finally, there is the matter of respect. IMO leaderheads should be beautified because they represent entire nations in this game, not just as their own individuals. This is why I have always thought Pacal's leaderhead is a huge insult to the Mayan people. No Mayan person is alive today to complain about it though, and I (and most of you, I think) don't ever see Maya appear in any of my games - it just dies alone by itself. Spain is another matter.

So, I earnestly request any Spanish audience to identify yourselves and your opinions on this. I have a few Spanish friends (who don't usually play Civ though) and I shall ask them of their opinions as well.

Top Bottom