Which leader(s) do you love finding near your civ?

DABegley

Warlord
There was a recent thread titled "Which leader(s) do you dread finding near your civ? " so the thought occurred to me, which ones you want near your Civ and why? The only one I can come up with off the bat is Hatty. She is a cake for me to swat, usually with swordsmen or horse archers, if I want to and is also easy to get her to leave me alone if I have other places to go.

Ghandi, Mansa Musa, Darius I, Cyrus,...

Basicly because they're always on my side :p.

Actually I love ending up next to Alexander, Monty or some other ass. Seeing anyone of those leaders close to me, I immediately have a strong military focus and will conquer them in an early rush. If I on the other hand end up close to a peaceful leader, like Gandhi, I tend to forget more about my military and focus too much on infrastructure, wonders and such and end up getting punished for it later. My win ratio is definitely higher when I end up close to warmonger AIs (up to Emperor, haven't really tried Immortal yet).

(Early) Offense is the best defense without doubt in this game..

Rome. That way I can take them out before they hook up iron.

Generally speaking, I'm usually not content with less than a continent, so if somebody's in the game like Alex or Monty or Ghenghis that I can't get along with, I might as well get it over with.

Isabella, Hatephsut, Ghandi...all are really great allies given you share the religion.

Washington is one that comes to mind. I can remember more than once running all over him early in the game. His AI is lousy too, he never seems to be a threat. It's a shame cause he was a great leader in Real Life.

Isabella, because you have options. If you want an ally, just adopt her religion. If not, by the time you are ready for war she will probaby have built you a holy city and possibly even a few wonders.

Isabella. If she's next to me, I can keep an eye on her, as well as have a great ally by adopting her religion.

Hatshepsut.

She's always smiling, even if she's at "cautious" in relations with you. She looks so friendly and warm. Makes me happy. Besides, she's also very unaggressive.

me.

Ghandi, Ghandi, Ghandi, Ghandi, Ghandi.

He builds wonders as if his life depended on it, he builds great infrastructure, he's always Friendly and he doesn't even defend himself against the inevitable DoW.

And if it all goes wrong and you have to make peace then fear not - he'll be your best friend again in a few turns.

Ghandi, Ghandi, Ghandi, Ghandi, Ghandi.

He builds wonders as if his life depended on it, he builds great infrastructure, he's always Friendly and he doesn't even defend himself against the inevitable DoW.

And if it all goes wrong and you have to make peace then fear not - he'll be your best friend again in a few turns.

huh...seems Gandhi always hates me, but I usually don't run the same religion as him.

I like having Monty, Isabella and Roosevelt near me. The first two because they are easy to turn into your personal attack dog with shared religion and good diplo. Roosy because he can be an excellent trading partner, almost always expands decently and builds a good army. If you stay on good terms with him, which is easy to do with tech trading, he will usually join in on wars with you and is pretty easy to get into a DP if you need it.

This might sound funny, but I like Sitting Bull right next door.

He always goes exploring with his first warrior and leaves the store unguarded, just waiting for me to show up and settle in to my new shiny city. :D

His friend Asoka does it, too. What is it with you overly confident men? :lol:

This might sound funny, but I like Sitting Bull right next door.

He always goes exploring with his first warrior and leaves the store unguarded, just waiting for me to show up and settle in to my new shiny city. :D

His friend Asoka does it, too. What is it with you overly confident men? :lol:

Every civilization starting with a warrior beneath monarch start scouting with there warrior here :). Makes it easy to rush them tbh.

With monarch they will get extra units.

Willem de Oranje for BTS. For some reason, every game I find myself conquering him completely before the game is done. I don't know why.

Same with Churchill, but he attacks me with spies often.

I like finding Gandhi, Hatshepsut, Ramesses II or any of the American leaders. They're all easy to get along with, and even easier to conquer as long as you don't let them get a decisive lead (except Gandhi, he never has much defense).

He builds wonders as if his life depended on it.

I love Gandhi next to me as well, but I very rarely see him build wonders. As a matter of fact, I think he's one of the lowest scored AI's in their probability to make wonders.

Every civilization starting with a warrior beneath monarch start scouting with there warrior here :). Makes it easy to rush them tbh.

With monarch they will get extra units.
Hmmm. I guess when I finally get to Monarch, I'll bring a few reinforcements.

With my luck, they'll get tanks. :rolleyes:

I think Ramesses is the best neighbour. He actually is the biggest wonder building maniac and he doesn't build too many units + wont attack at pleased. Easy target for early rush or you can let him live for a while and go collect all those nice wonders later.

Huayna Capac for holy city and wonders. Also I think he keeps more Quechas around than others do keep warriors, which is great fun for my axes.

Top Bottom