Votes: 262 49.9%
  • Vikings

Votes: 288 54.9%
  • Zulus

Votes: 176 33.5%
  • Other

Votes: 90 17.1%

• Total voters
Austria/Hungary/Austria-Hungary is a big one everyone (including Fraxis) always forgets. Any one of those is fine, but Austria is probably the best candidate.

"Vikings", but only if they are referred to as Scandinavia, and they need that kickass berserker unit from Civ III. Though I'm not a Scandinavian in the literal sense, I'm more Scandanavian than any other nationality (being American, it's hard to pin down exact descent), and I do have a sort of sentimentality for the area.

If they want to include any Mesopotamian Civs, they should be separate, because they were all different from one another.

I voted Israel because it's just ridiculous to have Judaism as a world religion WITHOUT THE JEWS! HELLO!!! Not fair at ALL. That and while Ancient Israel wasn't very powerful for very long, it was EXTREMELY influential in the long run.

The only reason I did not vote for Poland is that I feel it should be Prussia instead. Otherwise I voted for every option.

EDIT:
Oops, thread necromancy...

This thread was linked from another, so I just posted a response before seeing how old it was and I don't see a 'delete post' button anywhere.

DefenderofFutur said:
I voted Israel because it's just ridiculous to have Judaism as a world religion WITHOUT THE JEWS! HELLO!!! Not fair at ALL.

That's the way it was in the real world for the vast majority of history (meaning, having the Jews without a Jewish State). Fair? No, and that's why after WWII, the western nations carved out Israel. Realistic? Very. But it proves you can do (IRL) exactly what you claimed shouldn't be.

Having said that, I'm glad custom civs are so easy to make (compared to other mods in other games.).

Celts! Unique Axeman!
Carthage! Unique War Elephant!
Dutch! Unique Galleon!
Vikings! Unique Galley
Zulu! Unique warrior like unit!

And what about a civilization with an unique settler? :D

TeraHammer said:
And what about a civilization with an unique settler? :D
Actually I was just thinking today that with the way North America was settled so rapidly the American unique unit should have been some sort of advanced settler.

Alexander was from Carthage and he is already in the game as a Greek. I would pick the Vikings since they impacted northern Europe tremendously. The boats they had are still great today. Or the Babalonians.

Jay-Roc said:
Alexander was from Carthage and he is already in the game as a Greek. I would pick the Vikings since they impacted northern Europe tremendously. The boats they had are still great today. Or the Babalonians.

http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/anastaso/alex.html

"Alexander, born in Pella, the ancient capital of Macedonia, was the son of Philip II, king of Macedonia, and of Olympias, a princess of Epirus."

Babylon, Celts, Zulu, Korea, Iroquois.

I'd also like to see a "civilized" Native tribe like my people, the Cherokee. :D Their leader would be Sequoyah and his traits would be [Creative/Organized].

EDIT:

Wtf? Cherokee are listed as Barbarian tribes? The Apache or Commanche should replace them.

I'd like to see Canada added.

And more natives, Iroquois, Sioux, and the like.

Carthage is a favorite.

Can't live without the Vikings. I have no idea how they didn't add the Vikings.

Byzantines would be neat. Turks are essential I'd suppose.

The Maya really need to be added, and I pray to God they don't make their unique unit a silly feathered archer.

I'd like to see some more Africans, personally, Nubian, Berber, Zulu.

I don't think Israel should be included, call it something else. Plus, if you add them, you gotta add the Philistines (Palestinians)

Portugese!!!!

Also: Vikings and Zulu

Isreal is not a historical state, I dont see why it would be in the game. And what would be their UU?

TeraHammer said:
Zulu! Unique warrior like unit!

Noo! Zulu Am R bad!!! lol I swear...in 3 I alays played america on marla's map the zulu always kicked my tail...it sucked

Zulu, Portugese, Vikings definately.

Byzantium, but only cos a Civ4 Theodora leaderhead would be even more lush than Catherine!

Oh Yes!

Xshayathiya said:
Portugese!!!!

Also: Vikings and Zulu

Isreal is not a historical state, I dont see why it would be in the game. And what would be their UU?

The Israelites could possibly have missionaries that can enter lands without Open boarders or a new UU Spy that other spies cannot see and has a better chance of succeeding. Or a worker that works 25% faster. Or an Israeli guerilla. There are lots of options.

Scandinavia for all my votes ;]

Israel would be logical since we have Judaism in the game. It would also be a blast to wipe out Israel and save the occupied arabian cities:) Israel would be my favourite enemy.

The Vikings should be replaced or complemented with The Swedes. Sweden was once a Great power that terrorised most of the European Continent, believe it or not:) Sweden would also be great in several scenarios such as ww2, cold war, the Napoleonic era etc.

Top Bottom