Who else didn't get his Amazon preorder on release day? :(

Tomice

Passionate Smart-Ass
Title says it all! Amazon didn't ship in time, I'm stuck with the Demo until Monday (or worse). Since I heard it's very rare to not get an Amazon preorder on release day, I wanted to know many other unlucky folks there are...

My shipment confirmation came yesterday around 11am, and the package is expected to come on monday. My flat is very central in a major city, BTW.

Exact same boat. Maybe with the Saturday post?

In any case, school starts up on Monday and I still haven't written my lectures yet so maybe the delay is a good thing! [I blame Civ5 hysteria and the demo, of course....]

Well, no Walmart or Target here.

Besides, pre-ordering the game it cost me 25 quid, shipped. Waiting until launch day would cost me 40.....

My pre order form Play hasn't arrived either. I'm pretty pissed. I intended to lose my weekend to Civ5. Now I probably won't get to play properly till next week some time!

Booooo!!!

I feel bad for you since I ordered from Amazon on Wednesday evening with super saver delivery, and Civ5 arrived today. I was expecting to get it on Monday.

i also pre-ordered and am in the uk and didnt receive it today even though it said i would. it was also despatched yesterday too. does that mean i get it tomorrow or monday?

Yep, pre-ordered and it was dispatched yesterday but it hasn't arrived yet, so it will probably be Monday.

On the up-side, today I received an email from Amazon that I wasn't expecting, giving me a code to obtain an 'exclusive in-game map" :goodjob:

Yep, pre-ordered and it was dispatched yesterday but it hasn't arrived yet, so it will probably be Monday.

On the up-side, today I received an email from Amazon that I wasn't expecting, giving me a code to obtain an 'exclusive in-game map" :goodjob:

yeah thats the only thing i got from them as well :crazyeye:

Good mine, Amazon UK. I live in the North West UK, between Liverpool/Manchester/Wigan/Warrington. Ordered it with super saver delivery as I have a busy weekend, turned up on the 24th.

I got a copy from Amazon that I thought I had canceled at 10.30 am yesterday!

Now I have to send it back :(

They let you do that as long as it is unopened thankfully.

By the way, Game always ship their pre orders out two days before release day, so you normally get them one day early. I wouldnt really bother using anyone else for pre orders.

Lol - i'm in the opposite boat as the OP. I live in germany. pre-ordered from amazon-UK because i wanted english copy AND it was way cheaper than anything else, and i'm going to get the game today (according to DHL tracker). Amazon-UK estimated i'd get it on monday. So, i'm actually getting it sooner?! :D

Lol - i'm in the opposite boat as the OP. I live in germany. pre-ordered from amazon-UK because i wanted english copy AND it was way cheaper than anything else, and i'm going to get the game today (according to DHL tracker). Amazon-UK estimated i'd get it on monday. So, i'm actually getting it sooner?! :D

Same here (got it in my hands right now). Although I was a bit disappointed amazon.co.uk only shipped it thursday afternoon.

Same here (got it in my hands right now). Although I was a bit disappointed amazon.co.uk only shipped it thursday afternoon.

yeah same here got mine today. can you believe they shipped at 5:55pm on thursday, no wonder why i didnt get yesterday

Top Bottom