Who is up for a SG?

Sir Bugsy

Civ.D.
So I'm going to throw this out there and see if anyone is interested.

Who would like to play a succession game? It can be at any level, but remember that typically we play much better as a team than as individuals. Thus, if you regularly play at say level 5, we could probably safely play at level 7.

So who is up for an SG?

Hi

I would be, keep missing start ups of these games.

I generally play on immortal and usually default to diplo victories.

Used to play a lot of Civ4 succession so assume the rules/etiquette are pretty similiar.

Yay! Thanks for your interest O tall one! Yes, the rules and etiquette are cribbed straight from Civ III and Civ IV. Let's see if we can get a third teammate.

I'm not very good at diplomacy, so I should be able to learn something from you. I typically use brute force to win.

To be honest there is not as much "diplomacy" as such required in Civ 5 for a diplomacy win, just an accummalation of cash to purchase favour of city states and science focus for faster victory. Iron fist diplomacy actually helps if you reduce the the number of civs down to 3.

Oy! If you don't mind a filthy lurker joining (I was actually really surprised to notice I already had an account; had completely forgotten about it :p) I'd love a succession game! I've followed a bunch and always wanted to try one myself - I've only played in one once though, and it was King of Dragon Pass on another forum (which was pretty spectacular, but that's a different story).

I usually play on Immortal, or on Emperor when I feel like messing around and not looking for a challenge (or on Deity when I feel like not having any fun playing), but I'm fine with whatever. I personally tend to default to pretty peaceful gamestyle, but I'm up for anything. I love trying out new stuff and new strategies, even silly ones.

A word of warning would be that I did most of my Civ5-ing in G&K, and only recently caught the Civ bug again after a couple years' hiatus - so I'm probably managing all the BNW-specific things really suboptimally (as I'm still kind of new with them). But I guess that's where learning from you lot would help too!

I'd like to join as well. Never done this before, but I followed the last game (Celts) pretty closely and it seemed fun.

I play and enjoy all difficulty levels, normally on standard speed and standard size. I'm up for a non-standard setting though, perhaps a large or even huge map?

Heeey ya

I'd like to repeat some glory as well but you know, life and all that. So I'd restrict to lurking, sadly

OK, we have a team!

Bugs
Mighty Dwarf
Wloff
Vadalaz

For this game we'll play at level 7. Can everyone play BNW? Or do we need to drop to G&K? I'd like to roll some completely random starts and we can pick one. Comments?

I have BNW, all DLC civs and Explorer's map pack. A completely random start sounds good to me. :)

ST, if I recall correctly, you have BNW. I think it was Optional who didn't have it. I will roll some starts in the AM.

OK, I'm starting a new thread for the game.

Top Bottom