• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Who will win the FIFA World Cup?

Who will win the FIFA World Cup

• The Netherlands

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Holland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Dutch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De Lage Landen

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Crakie

Soupnazi
I know Americans amuse themselves with their own little games ;), but how about a prediction on a REAL sport? :D

PSV!

I heard the Dutch team had an open practice for their fans. Of course all of them were dressed in orange and one guy in an orange panda suit ran onto the field to kibitz with the players. My twin.
Frog Daddy-o said:
Isnt Holland the same as the Netherlands?
Dutch humor.

You are a funny guy Crakie.

In America, Soccer is a low-cost sporting alternative for 5-9 year olds until they can play a real sport like Football, Hockey or Baseball.

My general impression of soccer is best summed up by the Simpsons, and I quote...

"High kicking! Low scoring! And ties? You Betcha!"

Kickbooti said:
You are a funny guy Crakie.

In America, Soccer is a low-cost sporting alternative for 5-9 year olds until they can play a real sport like Football, Hockey or Baseball.

My general impression of soccer is best summed up by the Simpsons, and I quote...

"High kicking! Low scoring! And ties? You Betcha!"
:eek: That word is blasphemous over there. I'll bet you get struck down by Meleet cuz them there be some fightin' words. Go Booti, go Booti, go Booti, go Booti :dance:

Whomp said:
:eek: That word is blasphemous over there. I'll bet you get struck down by Meleet cuz them there be some fightin' words.

I'm sure the wise and munificent Meleet will forgive me. I'll speak with Grahamian and see if we can sacrifice to Meleet by straining the citizens of Dancing Bannana through a chain link fence. Soccer fans in some part of the world seem to like that so I figure...

In my opinion It is a bit blood-thirsty, not at all like the civilized practice of gaining 70lbs., wiating for the temperature to fall below freezing, liqouring up and stripping to the waist after covering yourself in body paint (ala Green Bay Packers). Ahhh. I'm counting the days until Lord Football can ascend his autumnul throne.

But until then, different strokes for different folks. ;)

Kickbooti said:
I'm sure the wise and munificent Meleet will forgive me. I'll speak with Grahamian and see if we can sacrifice to Meleet by straining the citizens of Dancing Bannana through a chain link fence. Soccer fans in some part of the world seem to like that so I figure...

In my opinion It is a bit blood-thirsty, not at all like the civilized practice of gaining 70lbs., wiating for the temperature to fall below freezing, liqouring up and stripping to the waist after covering yourself in body paint (ala Green Bay Packers)with cheese on your head. Ahhh. I'm counting the days until Lord Football can ascend his autumnul throne.

But until then, different strokes for different folks. ;)
Hey you'll get no argument with me. There's nothing better than seeing Joey Harrington get thrown around like a ragdoll and because it's obvious we stink at the other game.

I'm going to be cheering on the French.

Oh, they aren't in it.

So how about that Tour de France?

Sir Bugsy said:
I'm going to be cheering on the French.

Oh, they aren't in it.

So how about that Tour de France?

They're in... they're playing their first match today, actually :)

@ KB... IIRC a South-American civilization played a 'game' much like football and the losing team was killed to please the Gods. I fear there aren't enough citizens in Dancing Nana to please Meleet though ;)

Crakie said:
They're in... they're playing their first match today, actually :)
See what I know. I'm only supporting them because of their wine and women. :groucho:

Well well well :mischief:

I ready to say that soccer is the better sport all over the world :cool:
And Im ready to say, Brasilll take the prize :goodjob:

By the way, the simplicity of the soccer is that really show whos really good and who isnt :p

Spain! Wow 4-0! They have a 23 match unbeaten streak under their current coach.

I am going long all the Latin speakers....Mexico, Brazil, Portugal and Spain. Ole..ole, ole, oleee....ole, ole!

Whomp said:
I am going long all the Latin speakers....Mexico, Brazil, Portugal and Spain. Ole..ole, ole, oleee....ole, ole!

Don't forget the ever popular "G-G-G-GOO-GOOO-GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!!!!"

I have to confess, I still don't understand the world-wide passion for a sport that doesn't celebrate the athleticism of men such as these...

Attachments

• fridge.jpg
    fridge.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 50_Ted-Washington.JPG
    50_Ted-Washington.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 220
Kickbooti said:
... I have to confess, I still don't understand the world-wide passion for a sport that doesn't celebrate the athleticism of men such as these...

See how svelt and athletic our Football players are!!!

We sure do love our Bears. GO BEARS!!!
BB :clap:

What athletes! :rolleyes:

Wosret - if you keep posting pictures like those first two, you may be able to win my heart away from the French. For example:

Wine is overrated, I'm convinced. Go Brazil!

I think I'll join Bugs in rooting for Brazil!!!

Go BRAZIL!!!
BB

Top Bottom