"Who's Next" - Who shall be the Next one to go

Really at this point I don't think that our rep is important. If we wanted to we could probably shift our intire empire to military and take on the entire world at once, it would probably take a long time and wouldn't be the smartest idea but I think it is possible. The only real competitors left are Greece and China. I think we have basically won, all that is left is to win.
The only reason this game needs to take five more turns is because the system probably won't expand the cultural boundaries around our cities in less than four turns after a library is built.

Another useful thing we can do is send our "navy" (one ironclad, one transport) down to Persia to move some armor and infantry along the coast to reach some hard-to-get-at cities

Time for mobilization I think. Faster military production and it ends when we conquer each civ.
  1. Mobilize
  2. Finish off a civilization (ends mobilization)
  3. Queue up libraries in all of the captured cities
  4. Go to line 1.

As much as I would normally subscribe to the Mobilization idea, I think we are doing well enough without it. Russia and England should be a cakewalk, and we will have more than enough Panzers ready for the larger campaigns against China or Persia when the time comes.

First of all, Mobilization would render moot all the preparation we have been doing for the ~20 Plan. Granted, it would help us in some cases, but would also add unneeded production to cities we have already improved.

Next, waiting to build libraries until after we win a war will delay the opportunity for us to gain land culturally, which in turn could delay our Domination victory(somewhat).

Finally, we cannot build wonders under Mobilization. If we happen to be at war with Persia or China when we have a chance to build the UN, there s a slight risk that we could lose it to Greece. Notice I said slight, but the risk would still be there.

Not a bad suggestion, Shai....I just don't think we need it now. Your ~20 Plan should carry us through just fine.

I was just thinking about mobilization too. But, maybe after the UN and SETI (if we haven't gone for China or Greece). It cuts our culture growth by 1/2, which wouldn't be too bad if we accidently trigger a cultural victory (i.e., attack Greece).

The benefits (and difficulties) of mobilization would be in very short spurts. Mobilization ends as soon as any war ends and we take out entire civilizations in just a couple of turns.

Top Bottom