"Who's Next" - Who shall be the Next one to go

Hmmm . . . Russia and England pose no threat to us or our ambitions. Why give our more serious foes time to build up their strenght while we abuse the stragglers and beggars?

We should arrange to buy off both Russia and England and keep them both as allies.

Russia is just a thorn in our continent, as is China IMHO. We need to fill out our continent, and that includes Russia. China ASAP (preferably first but the MPP causes problems) England just because... we're close enough to domination.... why not finish it off?

We could sign one with Greece, and have China attack in our borders. A rep hit for Greece and China.

Originally posted by Chieftess
We could sign one with Greece, and have China attack in our borders. A rep hit for Greece and China.

I like the way your mind works :D China won't know what hit 'em.

Lets go ahead and do that. Mao would have a suprise in his Front Lawn :mischief:

Rep hits? Do they even mean anything at this stage in the game? At this point it is pretty much the whole world against us.

Our Military Leader-elect has it right, and we should listen to him. France is researching Motorized Transportation right now. It is a matter of turns before they have the ability to build tanks. While these tanks will not be as strong as our Panzers, they will still pack a stunning counter punch to our Unique Unit, ensuring that we lose a few in the process.

Russia and England will not threaten us with this type of counterstrike and therefore can be taken at anytime. There is a time limit on maximizing our opportunity against France, plus we are right there at their border! We should not let this chance slip away.

Finally, we need the lands of France to secure a Domination Victory, and since they just wiped out the Americans in the south, they are vulnerable. If we give them time to regroup, they will only be tougher to conquer.

So my question to the proponents of immediate Russia/England conquest is:

I have given several reasons why France is the way to go here. Please give me one reason why we shouldn't attack France now? I haven't heard one yet.

I support the French war!

I see a good case against France. For one, they are closer to the Bavarian Palace than China is to the Forbidden one.

Also, French forces may be a bit stretched at the moment because of (what I believe is recent) conquest of former Roman cities from Xerxes.

France also has only 1 source of oil. We can have an explorer ready at the border to enter, and pillage the oil. It may be risky though. Do we even care about ROPs now?

A rep hit doesn't count for much, save that it might cause Greece or China to declare war on us before we are inclined to deal with them. FA should be able to give us a judgement on this.

Since it is already April 1st in Eurasia, I'll get some invasion plans plans ready, starting with a one-on-one tussle with France, using currently available forces and assuming 10 replacements per turn, mostly panzers.

If we can bribe the English into an ROP and neutrality, we can do this elegantly. Otherwise, its going to be very bloody. The same can be said for wars against Greece, or France and Greece togther. Getting Persia to attack France on our behalf would be helpful, but not likely or necessary.

The only RoP that could be useful would be one with the English. It would allow our troops quick access through England to attack the former Roman cities that now belong to France. Since the French military is most likely spread thin down there, those cities should fall fairly easily.

If we don't get an RoP with the English, we will have to fight through the French mainland to get to those cities, giving Joan & Co. time to set up better reinforcements down there.

Of course, we should still concentrate on the mainland as well. Do you think we have enough troops ready to take on both parts of France at once, CT?

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
The only RoP that could be useful would be one with the English. It would allow our troops quick access through England to attack the former Roman cities that now belong to France. Since the French military is most likely spread thin down there, those cities should fall fairly easily.

If we don't get an RoP with the English, we will have to fight through the French mainland to get to those cities, giving Joan & Co. time to set up better reinforcements down there.

Of course, we should still concentrate on the mainland as well. Do you think we have enough troops ready to take on both parts of France at once, CT?

I think we should let some of our troops rest a bit. half of the cavalry (mostly vets) are healthy, but others need to rest for a turn or two. We also have 30+ regular infantry. What should we have those do? Border patrol?

We also have 51 cav total, and 10 panzers. I think we could use a few turns to build up our tanks. We could probably go easy on the artillery, as we have 113 of them. We also have 178 infantry, which is more than enough, but we'll need a steady stream of them. I'd like to see an assessment of top shield producing cities that can whip out tanks in 1-5 turns.

If you can get the damaged units to barracks on turn zero or one, we can begin the war on turn two. My current thinking for the campaign assumes that level of resources.

3-5 turns of rest is fine with me, as that should allow us plenty of time to get our forces ready. I wouldn't wait much longer than that, though. I know that we have quite a few cities that can build Panzers in 2-3 turns, and I believe that most are dedicated to the cause. I will take a look at the save and see if there is anything we can improve.

Will it take a poll to get this war going? If so, we've only got 40 hours to the next turn chat. I definitely don't want our armies to to sit out the next turn chat while the French build tanks.

So, a spy in China, France, and maybe abuse the ROP with France to get a quick "border"?

Reminds me of Civ2.
Civ2 FA: So, should we betray them now? Or destroy them later...?
Civ2 MA: AAAAHHHHH HAHAHAHA!

Top Bottom