WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods

I would like to see botanists like those ones made for civ 6. I wish to take the plants from one place to another, like the herdsmen do to animals. Those botanists can builds farms for wheat and platations, as the hedsmen can build pastures and camps too.

I tried to use your mod that introduces prospectors for civ 5 and did not worked out. I put many other mods that adds more mining resources. For example: the barathor mod that adds more resources. I don't know why.

Attachments

• Photo 01.jpg
    Photo 01.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 296
  • Photo 02.jpg
    Photo 02.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
I get pages like that (including for sites like the BBC) when my ISP is having DNS issues - they usually go away after a few minutes/retries

When using the "Multiple Upgrades" mod I am having two problems:

1. Impis upgrade to Musketmen, not Riflemen
2. There's about a 50/50 chance that opening the multiple upgrades dialog will crash to desktop. But I use a lot of other mods including interface mods, including interface mods that aren't yours, so it's hard for me to do more troubleshooting or give you a more useful report on that.

1) At a guess some other mod has changed the unit class of the Impi, and broken the SQL that determines the alternative upgrade
2) If you're using EUI, all bets are off. The multiple upgrade mod uses custom missions, so if you have anything that alters the default UI mission handling for a unit, that's probably the culprit

Hello, I have just recently started modding after playing just over 1200 of vanilla with my friends and in single player. Really enjoying the great work of so many people. One of the loudest gripes from my friends and I was the default culture expansion which is why I was so excited when I found your cultural expansion mod it works wonderfully. After I got it working one of my mods was blocking it. So I began to test each mod and I was just going to remove the conflicting mod.
Sadly the conflicting mod is the mod that allows you to create mod packs for multiplayer the only mod I can’t remove. I am new to modding and I don’t know if I am just incredibly stupid and broke something or if your mod was never designed to work like this.
If you could shed some light on this you would make three people very happy.

Thank you for reading.

All my mods are written for single player, and as I do not play multi-player I have no interest in getting them to work in such an environment.

You may want to check out what Serp is doing, as I know they are incorporating some of my mods into their multi-player mod pack

It’s such a heavy pack and I am so new. I tried yesterday just to get that one mod from his mod pack but when I started my Civ I got all kinds of errors I’ve never seen before. I’ll see if I can figure it out. I figure if I can get the version that allows you to make a mod pack I could make the specific mod pack I want because I’ve learned how to do that. I hadn’t encountered a mod that couldn’t be made into a mod pack, found some that inactivated each other, found some that broke others but never one that was completely immune to my attempts to put it into a mod pack.

Thank you for your response.

Thanks for these mods. A comment to the tunnel mod: If a unit ends in a tunnel, it is hurt similar to a helicopter that ends on a mountain. This causes caravans who uses a tunnel to get killed. Since yo have no control of a caravan's movement, it would be nice if ending in a tunnel was safe.

This is currently the only bug I'm facing. It's actually somewhat serious because caravans that die due to attrition do not update the trade route limit, thereby causing you to permanently lose a trade route slot. As a disclaimer, I am playing with multiple mods and have not tested this with only your mods installed.

I was looking through both "ImprovementTunnel.xml" and "CustomModOptions.xml" and didn't see an obvious fix (though I am a novice). I could make use of your "PROMOTIONS_CROSS_MOUNTAINS" and apply it to caravans, but that would enable them to cross ALL mountains. The only fix I can think of would be to find a way for the improvement to disable attrition on the selected tile or create a dummy mountain tile (cannot accept improvements but doesn't have attrition) that gets swapped in when the tunnel is completed. I imagine the latter fix would be janky because it would affect the aesthetics.

Any ideas?

"Improvement - Tunnel" has been updated to fix the problem, it requires v96 of my DLL

Hi @whoward69

Great that you're still doing Civ5 stuff after all these years. I just returned to Civ5 myself after some years absence and still use your mods. I found that the Gold alerts component doesn't work for me though.

It's most likely because I use the Vox Populi/CPP modpack with EUI, so I was wondering if it was possible to get a version, where you could open the mod window with a hotkey so alerts can sill be set?

\Skodkim

Sorry, but as I play with neither VoxPop nor EUI, I won't be fixing this.

Hi, if anyone still follows this thread I have a question about the Civ Specific Religions module.

I'm playing around with the religion specific beliefs and I'm able to get for example Mosques to be restricted to Islam. But it seems a belief can only be restricted to one religion at a time which is a problem for me because I would for example like the Cathedrals to be restricted to the three Christian denominations, or Pagodas to be restricted to Buddhism and Taoism. However when I try to do this I end up with only Taoism getting Pagodas and only Protestantism getting Cathedrals. Is it possible to accomplish what I want to do with the current code structure of the mod or would the function in Lua need to be rewritten?

This is how I've input it using the template whoward supplied in the mod's Lua file:

Code:
-- Can this religion have this belief  (Requires EVENTS_ACQUIRE_BELIEFS=1)
--
-- This example function is very basic.
-- A Religion_Beliefs table matching ReligionType to BeliefType would be a better solution
--
local religionForBelief = {}
religionForBelief[GameInfoTypes.BELIEF_MOSQUES] = GameInfoTypes.RELIGION_ISLAM
religionForBelief[GameInfoTypes.BELIEF_PAGODAS] = GameInfoTypes.RELIGION_BUDDHISM
religionForBelief[GameInfoTypes.BELIEF_PAGODAS] = GameInfoTypes.RELIGION_TAOISM
religionForBelief[GameInfoTypes.BELIEF_CATHEDRALS] = GameInfoTypes.RELIGION_CHRISTIANITY
religionForBelief[GameInfoTypes.BELIEF_CATHEDRALS] = GameInfoTypes.RELIGION_ORTHODOXY
religionForBelief[GameInfoTypes.BELIEF_CATHEDRALS] = GameInfoTypes.RELIGION_PROTESTANTISM

function OnReligionCanHaveBelief(iPlayer, iReligion, iBelief)
  if (OnPlayerCanHaveBelief(iPlayer, iBelief)) then
    print(string.format("Can %s have %s", GameInfo.Religions[iReligion].Type, GameInfo.Beliefs[iBelief].Type))
    local iReligionForBelief = religionForBelief[iBelief]

if (iReligionForBelief) then
      -- Only the restricted religion may have this belief
      return (iReligionForBelief == iReligion)
    end

-- No restriction supplied, so any religion may have this belief
    return true
  end

return false
end
GameEvents.ReligionCanHaveBelief.Add(OnReligionCanHaveBelief)

religionForBelief[GameInfoTypes.BELIEF_PAGODAS] = GameInfoTypes.RELIGION_TAOISM
overwrites
religionForBelief[GameInfoTypes.BELIEF_PAGODAS] = GameInfoTypes.RELIGION_BUDDHISM
same for the second and third
religionForBelief[GameInfoTypes.BELIEF_CATHEDRALS]
assignments, so while you think you have 6 entries in the array, you only have three.

You will need to re-write the Lua to assign an array to religionForBelief, something like
religionForBelief[GameInfoTypes.BELIEF_PAGODAS] = {GameInfoTypes.RELIGION_TAOISM, GameInfoTypes.RELIGION_BUDDHISM}
and then change the simple
return (iReligionForBelief == iReligion)
line to iterate the array looking for iReligion

Thank you for the reply! I think I understand now why simply editing the values in the original code didn't work for what I had in mind, I'll need to look into how to make it possible then because I'm not very familiar with Lua yet. 😅

Last edited:
Top Bottom