WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods

…but the other civs also rotate through the staring plots for each time the player performs a full rotation.
Whoah! I never would have guessed that!

For 4 civs (A, B, C, D) the starting position will be A, B, C, D after you've clicked rotate 12 times.
That is good to know! It means that if I want to see all four starting options, but minimize my disruption to the initial set up, then I need to rotate (one of) 11, 12, 13, or 14 times! But I think it also means that, since all the civs are rotating, I cannot really expect any civ’s start bias to be respected. (Unless I rotate 12 times, picking the initial starting spot after all.)

Number of starting locations is half the number of players in the game, with a minimum number…
Okay, but sometimes, using all standard setting (so 8 civs) there will be five starting plots revealed -- but most times it is four. So, if no RNG, why the variability?

…you can always check the code ;)
After posting my question to you, I did take a look at the codes, but sadly, could not make much sense of it! I thought it might be easy to mod it to show all starting positions, but no such luck!

I thought it might be easy to mod it to show all starting positions ...

Towards the end, change the Initialise function to just

Code:
function Initialise()
  _, _, swapablePlayers, _, _, _ = GetPlayerAndTeamInfo()
end

Hi, I find your mods great and really want to use your them, but when I try to download anything i get this site, independent from browser, extension or device.

URL is http NOT https

See 5 posts lower down

Last edited:
Maps - Rotate Start Position has been updated to leave the AI civs in their original positions as the player is rotated, which fixes the start bias issue reported by beetle above

Edit: Ignore v12 it's bugged - you want to use v13

Last edited:
The issue using https urls not allowing downloads of the mods should now be fixed

Unfortunately, my crystal ball is broken at the moment ...

Good sir! I almost exclusively use your mods. And a poo load of them. I was sad to see your picknmixmods web site go down. Do you have plans to relaunch it someday or change the host location?

Still working for me (and it's paid for up until Dec 2021)

Hi, guys! Has anyone noticed any finicky behaviour with the Global - Archaeologist Dig Sites (v 2) mod? If the game auto selects the archaeologist, the markers disappear. I have to select another unit, and reelect the archaeologist to get the highlighting again. Any small change in selection, or another unit moves, and the selection disappears.

ANYWAY, it seems unfinished. But the concept and it's benefit are awesome.

Yep, it's a limitation in the SV map and the way it handles highlights - zoom in too far and they will disappear, zoom out too far and poof they go, scroll too fast and parts of them will "drop out", change unit selection and they may vanish. All the same kind of late game issues you also see with the yields icons. It's game graphics related and nothing any modder can do about it :(

I realized the prospectors units are not compatible with BNW. Could you make prospectors compatible wth BNW, please? Could you do botanists for Civ 5, as well?

Top Bottom