Why can't I build the Red Cross?

Mysterio10000

Prince
While viewing the screenshot below, does anyone have any idea why the game won't allow me to build the Red Cross national wonder? The city only has one other national wonder (Heroic Epic), yet I'm not allowed to build the Red Cross. None of my other cities are building the Red Cross. Could it be because the Heroic Epic and Red Cross are exclusive of each other?

I'm stumped! :confused:

Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG

you have to build five hospitals first ~then the red cross

You need to build a minimum of 6 hospitals... Then you can build it... :)

Most wonders have prerequisites. Just hover your mouse over the wonder's icon and you'll see a short description. If you can't build the wonder, there is usually also a short description there telling you why.

viper9527 said:
you have to build five hospitals first ~then the red cross

Actually, if I didn't have enough hospitals built, the tooltip in the screenshot would indicate that. I currently have 6 hospitals built and am allowed to build the Red Cross in every city except the one shown in the screenshot.

It's either a bug or the two national wonders are mutually exclusive.

Mysterio10000 said:
Actually, if I didn't have enough hospitals built, the tooltip in the screenshot would indicate that. I currently have 6 hospitals built and am allowed to build the Red Cross in every city except the one shown in the screenshot.

It's either a bug or the two national wonders are mutually exclusive.
LOL... you need a hospital in that city first, you can queue it up by selecting hospital, then the red cross will light up and you can shift click it to build it after the hospital. Can't build the redcross without hospital first.

Just a thought...
Don't you also have the have the prerequisite building in the city your trying to build the wonder in? (besides the required #)

Try putting a Hospital in this city and seeing if the Red Cross lights up :p

EDIT: was beat to the comment :p

Mysterio10000 said:
While viewing the screenshot below, does anyone have any idea why the game won't allow me to build the Red Cross national wonder? The city only has one other national wonder (Heroic Epic), yet I'm not allowed to build the Red Cross. None of my other cities are building the Red Cross. Could it be because the Heroic Epic and Red Cross are exclusive of each other?

I'm stumped! :confused:

did you change the gold pic? I never saw the rainbow-spiral things. really hippy like :crazyeye:

MarcAntiny said:
LOL... you need a hospital in that city first, you can queue it up by selecting hospital, then the red cross will light up and you can shift click it to build it after the hospital. Can't build the redcross without hospital first.

Whoops! I didn't even think of that! Stupid me. :crazyeye:

Thanks for the help!

Why are you building the Red Cross with the Heroic Epic? Heroic Epic is more naturally associated with West Point: double military production plus +4xp on all military units.

It depends on what you've got. I've played quite a few games where I never had a unit reach level 5. If you can't build West Point there, starting most of your (allowed) units with Medic1 is a decent alternative.

Pragmatic said:
Why are you building the Red Cross with the Heroic Epic? Heroic Epic is more naturally associated with West Point: double military production plus +4xp on all military units.

I actually prefer the Red Cross in the same city as West Point. Having every unit coming out of that city a medic is just too nice. 14 exp and Medic 1 with an Agg civ should bring a smile to every warmongers face :)

It really doesn't matter if you put red cross with heroic epic, because if you substitute west point, it just means red cross will go in the ironworks city. comes out the same since both give +100% production if you have the resources for IW.

Top Bottom