Why do people take it personally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree 100% with the diametrical parody of the OP. ;)

Didn't buy the game. Stop whining like a little kid over the fact that I, and others, don't like it.

Firaxis doesn't owe me anything--I repeat; didn't buy the game.

Yep, they make the game they want and I don't buy it. Lost sale. Brilliant reasoning, Einstein. :rolleyes:

Someone doesn't like the game--get over it. :p

If you're luuuvvving the game so much, why are you posting on here? Shouldn't you be playing it? You sound, oh, I don't know, maybe . . . emotional? :rolleyes:

Agree 100% with the OP.

Buy the game or don't buy it, but stop whining and crying like little kids.

You're not entitled to anything, anf Firaxis owes you nothing. They make the game that they want, get over it.

Loving Civ 5 by the way.

They owe us a game comparable to Civ4 if not better. That's what I thought while reading the glorious reviews. I paid for something, apparently it's less than my fair expectation. I'm not whining, just posting like yourself my opinion, in this case that the game is subpar & not worthy of purchase to anyone that asks.

Disclaimer: It is abundantly clear from reading posted threads there is overwhelming unhappiness from us gamers about Civ5! :mad:

Careful, you used "us" instead of "me!" Run away! The fanboys are coming to hate on you, because for some weird really THEY take it personally when you don't like the game! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if it would be courteous or obnoxious to bump the thread because it received a significant edit, but I'll do it. I personally, like seeing the thread re-bolded on the forum when something new has been added. Anyway, I'm off.

Imagine buying a cheeseburger at McDonalds only to discover that the cheese was missing and that the meat was rotten. Well, you have no right to be angry my friend, because you actually chose to buy it. How foolish of you to expect to get an edible hamburger just because you've eaten there for 20 years. So don't take it personally.

What a great analogy, thanks!

...chazomorphines... [/url]

Disclaimer: It is abundantly clear from reading posted threads there is overwhelming unhappiness from us gamers about Civ5! :mad:

Such a neat word - I've never seen it before... pretty colorful, imo.
I have issues with Morgan Spurlock. If you eat anything for B/L and D for 30 days, you're GOING to have problems. He could have done carrots and water for 30 days, all 3 meals, and he'd have huge health problems... they key is... moderation. But... that's another thread for another forum.

I definitely agree that there's a lot of unhappiness from we Civ players. It has potential, but needs alot of work.

The pizza comment was a shot in the dark... you made the comment "get out of my mind!"... It was the first thing that popped into my head, so I figured I'd put it in a reply, for a chance at some REAL whacky serendipity. Now I want a good pie... damn.

Twice in the post, I used the "I/we" pronoun(s)... coupled with the first line of my post, I don't see the mis-communication.

If I had said "I, the Civ player base", there would have been an equal amount of uproar...
"You're not the only person who plays!" - "It's not just about you!", etc, etc...
It seems that my literary compromise didn't fare as well as the problem I was trying to overcome.

It's a shame that we have to put labels and disclaimers on EVERYTHING we do nowadays... it's even more frustrating when the disclaimers get ignored.

The point was, you should have omitted "We", "playerbase" and other phrases that imply you represent more than just yourself. You could have said, "I believe", "I think", etc.

If you would have avoided those phrases, you wouldn't have needed the disclaimer.

The fact that you added a disclaimer makes it clear that you knew what you were going to post could be misrepresented.

Putting a disclaimer at the beginning, and then proceeding to write as if the disclaimer didn't exist is silly.

Why do people take it so personally? Immaturity? Sense of entitlement? Lack of perspective?

Edit: I also say the same thing about those that get so bent out of shape with their favorite sports team.

Why do people take complaints about the game so personally? Controlling personalities? delusions of grandeur because they can beat the game at deity in the first week? company employees-in-disguise? resentment because they bought the thing and feel stupid for having been ripped off?

:rolleyes:

It'll arrive when they deliver it, and the toppings were already ordered. I didn't really have a good response for that one, so kudos, but it did remind me of the comment earlier in the thread about dying from eating at McDonalds for 20 years, with the Supersize Me movie, where chazomorphines are mentioned from eating excessive cheese: http://www.articlesbase.com/home-and-family-articles/why-are-you-addicted-to-cheese-339851.html

It is abundantly clear that "us" is ambiguous and clearly does not refer to all gamers or to everyone on this forum or even a majority of the people on this forum.

Careful, you used "us" instead of "me!" Run away! The fanboys are coming to hate on you, because for some weird really THEY take it personally when you don't like the game! :rolleyes:

<deity> forbid we should have clarity in our communications.

You can dislike the game all you want; just be clear that it's *your* view and don't use language that implies that it's somehow *my* view or someone else's.

What amazes me is how many people on here have flat out said that they hate the game and are no longer playing it, yet still come on here everyday to bash the product.

Really, it's a bit pathetic. It'd actually even be a bit funny if they didn't do it in every single thread.

What amazes me is how many people on here have flat out said that they hate the game and are no longer playing it, yet still come on here everyday to bash the product.

Really, it's a bit pathetic. It'd actually even be a bit funny if they didn't do it in every single thread.

What flat out amazes me is how a number of people here have flat out said that they love the game and are supposedly always playing it, yet still come on here everyday to defend the product.

Really, it's as bit pathetic. It'd actually even be a bit funny if they didn't do it in every single thread.

The first cut is the deepest ;)

Actually I am still playing the game, just civ4. it's important for people to express the truth and respond to a few threads. is civ5 a terrible game? of course not, but not any better than 4 imo. it could be in a few months/years.

What flat out amazes me is how a number of people here have flat out said that they love the game and are supposedly always playing it, yet still come on here everyday to defend the product.

Really, it's as bit pathetic. It'd actually even be a bit funny if they didn't do it in every single thread.

What flat out amazes me is how a number of people here have said they hate the game are supposedly never playing it, yet still come on here everyday to disparage the product.

Really, it's a bit pathetic. It'd actually even bit a bit funny if they didn't do it in every single thread, and show they clearly have and do actually play the game.

Why do people take it so personally? Immaturity? Sense of entitlement? Lack of perspective?

Edit: I also say the same thing about those that get so bent out of shape with their favorite sports team.

It's strange you are getting so bent out of shape because some are disappointed with a game. Why are you taking that so personally? Immaturity? Sense of entitlement? Lack of perspective?

Ahh.... emotion-less. People enjoy sports all over the world, and have fun watching the competition between their favorite teams battle it out. I suppose you would be the one in the corner having no fun and by himself? That's not enjoyable.

Again so many ill considered replies. This is simple. People hate
1/ being lied to
2/ being ripped off
3/ having a world famous franchise ruined by greed

I'm really pissed off that they now admit it was dumbed down and they are not offering refunds.

Again so many ill considered replies. This is simple. People hate
1/ being lied to
2/ being ripped off
3/ having a world famous franchise ruined by greed

I'm really pissed off that they now admit it was dumbed down and they are not offering refunds.

Yep. The sunshine patrol doesn't seem to understand that though. The sky is always blue there. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom