Why does Natives - Always Demands Guns?

Yes, the natives have three levels of troops:
Braves
Armed braves (with guns, equivalent to soldiers)
Armed mounted braves (with guns & horses, equivalent of dragoons).
I don't think they have mounted braves without guns, but someone here can possibly correct me.

However, your converted natives cannot be transformed into armed or mounted units.

It's a pity the natives aren't more dangerous. Unless they go hostile early, it isn't too hard to defend against them and counterattack. The real pity, though, is that the competing European powers are so useless and incompetent; they can't even defend their own territory effectively.

Natives *do* seem to demand guns & horses far more often than any other commodity. Only natural, I guess.

WAR! --- Wheldrake

The real pity, though, is that the competing European powers are so useless and incompetent; they can't even defend their own territory effectively.

I guess it depends on the size of the map. I play on an extra large map and both the Indians and the other Europeans are very strong. In my current game I have just finished subduing the English and most of their colonies were defended by 3 or 4 soldiers while both Jamestown and Barbados had 9 soldiers.

Because of the size of the map it is quite a trip to reach the enemy with no easy re-supply options so you have to be well prepared. I am just sending an invasion fleet to tackle the Spanish consisting of 1 Frigate, 2 Privateers, 1 Galleon, 2 Merchants and 14 military units.

Top Bottom