Why I believe there will be a 3rd expansion.

Connor_CivFan

Chieftain
1. Huge demand for more civs
2. Huge demand for a economic victory type
3. Albania (Led by Skanderbeg, who arguably saved Europe from major ottoman expansion or at least delayed.) is not in the game. (Personal Opinion)
4. Civ 5 had 6 years before civ 6. Why should civ 6 only get 3 or 4 years, Just unfair on the game itself.
5. Civ 6 feels like in needs more. Dont get me wrong I would be fine with civ 7 as civ 6 is very much a great game now, but it could have more.
6. Just in general there is a big demand for a 3rd expansion.

GET ALBANIA IN CIV!!!

Depends...

1. More civs can be added in DLC scenarios.
2. Agree economic or any new type of victory is needed , that 3rd xpac can be concentrated on that. Economic blockades , corporations , riots from powerty and my more stuff could be added.
3. Habsburgs/Austrians who's capital Vienna was sieged by ottomans also helped "save" europe. Byzantines , whose capital Constantinople was siege multiple times also "saved" europe from arabs , ottomans and many more. There plenty more civs that "saved" like serbs , wallachians , bulgars can be added. I like albianans and skanderberg but there are bigger civs that missing. If this game had like hero units then ya skanderberg is great choice.
4. Kinda agree , a bit to early for Civ7 to come , so either 3rd xpac or they are planing whole new game to put in that timeline.

If we get new expanssion depends on demands , and SALES of Gathering Storm.

Huge demand? From where? I know some Civfanatics have been calling for a third expansion (I’m not among them), but that’s hardly “huge demand”. Civfanatics are a very specific subset of Civ players.

Also, Gathering Storm didn’t do as well review wise as was hoped. Unsure what the sales status is, especially compared to other Civ expansions. Who knows.

Huge demand? From where? I know some Civfanatics have been calling for a third expansion (I’m not among them), but that’s hardly “huge demand”. Civfanatics are a very specific subset of Civ players.

Also, Gathering Storm didn’t do as well review wise as was hoped. Unsure what the sales status is, especially compared to other Civ expansions. Who knows.
I didnt say huge demand for a 3rd one, I knew that GS wasnt a popular so I toned down the word I used.

I agree with Naktis.

While I believe Albania is certainly a stronger candidate than Yugoslavia, Serbia, Croatia, or even Romania, it seems pretty clear to me that Bulgaria under Simeon is the better candidate to represent all of the Balkans.

That's not to say that Skanderbeg wasn't a badass, just that yet another military commander isn't as unique and appropriate for Civ VI's roster of "personalities" as leaders with a claim to major cultural achievements (as well as military achievements, in the case of Simeon).

After we get all the big names in expack 3 and/or 4, I would certainly buy any small DLC pack with Albania in it, however.

I have wanted an economic victory since I started playing. I think a victory condition should be less about taking/blocking money in relation to neighbors, and more on monopolizing things. For example an economic victory could be something like manipulating other civs to make a one world currency under your control, or perhaps monopolizing X amount of resource types. Either way would require some tweaking/an overhaul, but it would make it more interesting then "Collect X" or "Reach X Income" which is all you could really do with the current system.

Top Bottom