Wild Mana for FFH 2

awesome to see a new patch out, thanks so much Sephi. weird that you couldn't reproduce those python exceptions... which bugs are left in the modmod as of now?

even more awesome that Kael is looking into this. all I can say is, OH YEAH BABY! :lol:

loffenx, I didn't post in many many threads about how awesome this mod is for nothing :p

edit: btw, 2.3 includes 2.2 so everything you need is version 1.0 and 2.3, right?

oh yeah, another thing: you changed the religion flavour of a couple leaders, but what about all the others? like the elves, the sheaim, bannor, malakim, and all the others that have a clear preferred lore-appropriate religion?

edit: what's wrong about the gamefonts in 2.3? the attitude smilies seem to work just fine for me.

1. feel free to use whatever code you find. After all I do the same :D

2. It definetly is stable (no OOS, no CtD that I know of) but it is far from finished. There are lots of things the AI still needs to learn.

3. source is included in the latest patch (2.3). Some parts aren't in good shape but you probably rewrite it anyway.

This is great news. If Kael can import some of the great work from the modmodders, we will have a VERY happy FfH crowd!

Thanks to all of you,

Breunor

[to_xp]Gekko;8317724 said:
which bugs are left in the modmod as of now?
good question. A few things from the pedia don't work yet.
[to_xp]Gekko;8317724 said:
edit: btw, 2.3 includes 2.2 so everything you need is version 1.0 and 2.3, right?

you are correct.

[to_xp]Gekko;8317817 said:
oh yeah, another thing: you changed the religion flavour of a couple leaders, but what about all the others? like the elves, the sheaim, bannor, malakim, and all the others that have a clear preferred lore-appropriate religion?
Elves already go FoL and Sheaim OO later AV.

[to_xp]Gekko;8317817 said:
edit: what's wrong about the gamefonts in 2.3? the attitude smilies seem to work just fine for me.

You probably have a modified gamefonts file then :crazyeye:

Unrestricted leaders has to be game option 7. No matter what is in game option 7 (if you have barbarian world in there) it will act like unrestricted leaders when that option is checked. The reason is that option 7 is hardcoded in the main menu code (crazy but true).

I had the same problem with FfH2 until Xienwolf told me about this. Maybe you are running into the same thing.
Is that why End of Winter always acted funny?

what do you mean with settler issue? They will have protection now
I would like it much better if they just settled in place. Even with protection, they still tend to clump tightly in some areas, and other areas are completely vacant.

Elves already go FoL and Sheaim OO later AV.

You probably have a modified gamefonts file then :crazyeye:

good. will bannor go order and malakim empyrean, svartalfar council of esus? these are the main ones but I guess MagisterCuultum will know very well which religion should be each leader's favourite. :D

about the gamefont file, I'm using Onionsoilder's, he posted it a couple pages back. I'll link it in this post, it's working fine. the only issue I've noticed is that the Ale icon is wrong in the city screen, but at least everything else is fine.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=221512&d=1248019628 here is the gamefont file ;)

edit: can we expect a 2.4 version coming out shortly that fixes barbarian world? I wanna start a game and I want to enable that! :D

about the gameoption issue: I guess the first option is actually option 0 ? I just checked BTS, FFH and FF code in XML/Gameoptioninfos , and in all three Lead_Any_Civ is the eight option.

edit: yeah, seems like it. I just added Lead_any_civ as the eight option in the file, and it's working fine now. I can even see why it's hardcoded, since when you check unrestricted leaders the game immediately knows that you can select, for example, Capria leading the Luchuirp or whatever, and if you then deselect the option, it will kick your unappropriate leader back to Random :D

eheh, it seems that another thing that's hardcoded is the sun shining in the main screen. even if the main screen is a demon, at some point you'll get a huge light shining in the right part of the screen :D

I would like it much better if they just settled in place. Even with protection, they still tend to clump tightly in some areas, and other areas are completely vacant.
I started two pangea maps, one large the other small and the AIs didn't clump together. Only two AIs build their capital next to each other, the others were spread out as normal. What mapscript were you using when they clumped together?

End of winter does not seem to work...

..and I would guess with the settler relocation option, it would have a hell of a time finding a good spot. :p

[to_xp]Gekko;8318030 said:
edit: can we expect a 2.4 version coming out shortly that fixes barbarian world? I wanna start a game and I want to enable that! :D
well, should you also have this problem you can edit the gameoption xml file to enable it before version 2.4

End of winter does not seem to work...

..and I would guess with the settler relocation option, it would have a hell of a time finding a good spot. :p

End of Winter works, it's just not triggered at the game start but 1-2 turns later to enable the regeneration map option.

End of Winter works, it's just not triggered at the game start but 1-2 turns later to enable the regeneration map option.

thanks, even better... because I am a mad map regenerator (I demand a certain map aesthetic)

hmm - the new patch does break saved games. Or my one, at least.

I loaded my game up with the new patch, and it crashes a little while after I press end turn. I don't know if it has anything to do with me taking over the Mercurians. No biggy, just thought I'd say.

I started two pangea maps, one large the other small and the AIs didn't clump together. Only two AIs build their capital next to each other, the others were spread out as normal. What mapscript were you using when they clumped together?
I don't remeber exactly, but since I play them the most, I would guess either Tectonics or ErebusContinent. The worst I ever saw was 7 different civs(Bannor, Lurichuip, Ljosalfar, Svartalfar, Clan of Embers, Kuriotates, and Balserphs). Around 30 tiles to the right, there was a HUGE open space, I mean absolutely gigantic, one that could be a Small sized map on it's own(This was a Large map)

ok, found out that the only issue with Onionsoilder's gamefont file I've experienced yet is that in the city screen Ale has the icon of FF Ice Mana ( it looks weird, all white instead of colored, but it definitely seems like the FF icon for ice mana )

just checked out the leaderheadinfos file and the religion weight seem spot on ( well, I only checked bannor, malakim, ljolsafar, svartalfar, khazad, lanun, sheaim ) . only one thing was off imho, in that Faeryl has 50 for FoL and 25 for CoE. since she's the biggest follower of Esus, the Svartalfar's patron is Esus and all this kind of stuff, I really really think she should have 50 for Esus and 25 for FoL.

I don't remeber exactly, but since I play them the most, I would guess either Tectonics or ErebusContinent. The worst I ever saw was 7 different civs(Bannor, Lurichuip, Ljosalfar, Svartalfar, Clan of Embers, Kuriotates, and Balserphs). Around 30 tiles to the right, there was a HUGE open space, I mean absolutely gigantic, one that could be a Small sized map on it's own(This was a Large map)
As far as I know civs are a bit clumped together by default on ErebusContinent. I generated a few tectonics maps and sometimes 2 AIs placed their capital next to each other but that was it. I reduced the distance the starting settler is willing to move in one patch, don't know if your worst case is from before or not. Anyway I will keep it in mind.

Top Bottom