Wild Mana for FFH 2

Hmm - I seem to have two Kuriotates against me on this map! I know the people might have been split over who should lead them, but it makes diplomacy a bit difficult! :D Having said that, I've played it anyway... ;)

Oddly enough, they seem to have started right next to each other too! Screenshot and saved game attached.

Might I ask, what map is that? It's..pretty!

Two questions!

First, I wandered past a mana node during my opening exploration and it was raw. On my way back I found it randomly changed to fire and immediately began to set a miles-wide tract of forest on fire. :mischief: Immensely entertaining, yeah, but do they convert at random like that normally?

Second, is there any way to disable the 'ZOMG PERSON BY YOUR BORDERS' for mana guardians? My border expanded near the aforementioned fire node. :(

Edit: Any chance to get autocast options for Loki's Disrupt and Entertain spells?

what's ZOMG PERSON BY YOUR BORDERS? :lol:

anyway, it's normal what you experienced with that raw node turning to fire, nodes switch to wild mana only after to 5 turns or so ( otherwise it would cause a number of issues ) .

that map looks like it's most likely Erebus. huge desert, scrubs. looks good, not very good to play on though. try ErebusContinent, it's sweet ;)

[to_xp]Gekko;8324020 said:
oh yeah, one thing I still don't know: is Skyre's Acheron fix in yet? you still haven't answered :p
yes

@Furien:
raw mana nodes turn to other mana nodes only with Wildmana or Deadly Wild Mana Gameoption.

Would be tricky to disable a message only for mana guardians

Entertain autocast option sounds fine, but why disrupt? It gives a huge diplomatic penalty after all so you probably don't want to use it that often.

There is a rare event, in which a city of a civilization splits up and is then lead by Minister Koun (that's why they are next to each other in your savegame). Sometimes Minister Koun allies with his former civ, sometimes not.

Oh - right. Would it be possible to change the name of the Civ he takes over from 'Kuriotates' (or whatever civ it is) to something else? It just is a nightmare in diplomacy - there's no way (that I know of) of knowing which one you're being asked to declare war on, or stop trading with. Could you call it 'Kuriotates Colony' or something along those lines?

And [to_xp]Gekko is right - the map is just Erebus. One of these days I'll try another map script. I quite like all the mountains in Erebus though, so I haven't got around to downloading something else! :D

Oh - right. Would it be possible to change the name of the Civ he takes over from 'Kuriotates' (or whatever civ it is) to something else? It just is a nightmare in diplomacy - there's no way (that I know of) of knowing which one you're being asked to declare war on, or stop trading with. Could you call it 'Kuriotates Colony' or something along those lines?

And [to_xp]Gekko is right - the map is just Erebus. One of these days I'll try another map script. I quite like all the mountains in Erebus though, so I haven't got around to downloading something else! :D

Its actually a regular FFH2 thing. You'd have to request that from Kael, more than likely.

about disrupt, well maybe sometimes one does not care about the diplomatic penalty for one reason or the other. I'd say if it's quick to add it, it can't hurt to add it, it might come in useful every now and then :D

It just is a nightmare in diplomacy - there's no way (that I know of) of knowing which one you're being asked to declare war on, or stop trading with.

isn't that a typical BTS problem that always occurs with 2 or more leaders from the same civ?

now that the starting settler AI is gonna work fine, I think there's no longer the need for him to move grouped together with the warrior and scout, which is going to halt him to a crawl since he has movement 4. I think he can definitely move alone as long as the starting warrior(s) ( one scout in the case of the ljolsafar who start with 2 scouts ) moves towards him as soon as he starts moving on turn 1.

the starting settler AI was working before, it was just one unlikely case in which they messed up. I already implemented Xienwolf suggestion to apply movement bonus also to guard units, what you suggest would also work but is far too much work in comparision

ah, that will work fine then. can't wait for 2.4 , are you waiting for FFH patch E right now or just improving it even more? ;)

hopefully patch E will come out soon as well, it looks good :D

edit: oh, and does patch 2.4 break savegames right now, or will it most likely do it when it comes out?

if you're going for some complex religious behaviour in 2.4, the best for the Svartalfar would definitely be adopting FoL early, but without building the heroes or going Guardian of Nature, and then going Council of Esus. that way they will embrace their true deceptive faith while still getting some ancient forests. not sure how good it will be in practice, but in theory it should work fine since CoE is kinda a late-game religion anyway and you should have plenty of time to get some use out of FoL, not to mention the techroute for FoL is good for them since they're going to get hunting soon anyway. then if they get beaten to CoE and they were the first to research FoL they can just stay FoL and be happy anyway :D

oh yeah. of course, no matter what happens, they should always research Deception and spread CoE to all their cities for those tasty shadows :D

[to_xp]Gekko;8326223 said:
if you're going for some complex religious behaviour in 2.4, the best for the Svartalfar would definitely be adopting FoL early, but without building the heroes or going Guardian of Nature, and then going Council of Esus. that way they will embrace their true deceptive faith while still getting some ancient forests. not sure how good it will be in practice, but in theory it should work fine since CoE is kinda a late-game religion anyway and you should have plenty of time to get some use out of FoL, not to mention the techroute for FoL is good for them since they're going to get hunting soon anyway. then if they get beaten to CoE and they were the first to research FoL they can just stay FoL and be happy anyway :D

That sounds like a good plan. Right now non agnostic leaders go for an early religion that matches their civ/alignment (to make use of the :)) and then later for their favorite religion (unless they already have it). However, before I write special functions for HN units I set Svartalfar to always pick FoL as a favorite Religion.

whatever it takes to make them actually useful for the AI (grouping, healing, etc.)

cool, can't wait for that. I still think that even in the meanwhile the Svart's favourite religion should be CoE, but for flavour/lore reason more than actual effectiveness. since that's something that I guess I will still be able to easily change with XML I'm not gonna complain too much though. :p

yeah, you can easily set them to choose Esus as favorite Religion all the time by changing two XML Values

ah, how much I love XML and Fireaxis for writing most of their gamecode with something that's so easy to edit. can't wait to start a game with one civ for each religion plus the illians, it's gonna be wild! :lol:

oh, is there any hope to see Dimensional Mana in anytime soon? the Sheaim are sad without their signature mana :p

Top Bottom