Wildmana Development

A little question, since I'm too lazy to search myself ;) : Where do I have to look in the source code for disabling the changes made to the Barbarian AI concerning land improvement? While I really like the changes made to their unit bahaviour I would (for various reasons) really like to disable some stuff concerning their new city AI ...

Edit: I'm speaking about the WildMana version importet to FfH.

search for where the chooseproduction callback is called and disable it for barbarian cities. Or else have it always return 1 or whatever the value is to make the dll ignore it.
In the old system however the barbarian cities were allmost always building national wonders or world wonders, or granaries.

search for where the chooseproduction callback is called and disable it for barbarian cities. Or else have it always return 1 or whatever the value is to make the dll ignore it.
In the old system however the barbarian cities were allmost always building national wonders or world wonders, or granaries.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it. Barb wonders are stupid, that's right. I would be happy enough if they would build a worker from time to time.

So far, I am enjoyng 6.3. It seems quite balanced, (except I play w/o cultural victory, so it seems the Ai doesn't weight culture as heavily as I, which means I win culture wars pretty easily.) But overall, I think 6.3 is playable.

And it is hard to judge the AI. Sometimes I think it is too timid, but other times, since I use spiders so heavily, I am happy to see that units in general stick together. Of course, programming the AI to fight spiders is probably hard, but if units are killed by spiders, the overall supply of units to the AI should include at least a couple of scouts, if not hunters. As it is, I usually can just waltz around enemy territory using spiders to munch up workers and other weak units.

Still, even at 6.3, this seems very playable. When I finish this game, I think I'll give the Doviello a shot... I really like the animal mark idea.

Top Bottom