Will we ever get the Christmas smileys back?

Valka D'Ur

Hosting Iron Pen in A&E
Retired Moderator
@The_J: I realize this is extra work. But it's a morale boost that some of us really need in December. Those little smileys with the Santa hats help make the day more cheerful.

I also realize that it's really late to ask about it, since Christmas is just 4 days away. But here's a suggestion: Could they be installed now so they'll be available for next year?

Thanks.

I'm afraid I actually don't have the Christmas smileys :blush:.
You lost the Christmas smileys?!!!

:dubious:

O-kay... if nobody else on the admin staff has them, I will either find them (at least some of them should be in my Photobucket account) or I'll remake them. And if I go to all that, will you promise not to lose them, and next year we can have them starting December 1?

I think TF should have a copy somewhere on the server, but I'd not know where :blush:.

Could you ask him, please? Honestly, I get that not everyone on staff cares about this, but as I mentioned, it's a morale boost that some of us looked forward to every year.

O-kay... if nobody else on the admin staff has them, I will either find them (at least some of them should be in my Photobucket account) or I'll remake them. And if I go to all that, will you promise not to lose them, and next year we can have them starting December 1?
If you did this, could you just make a thread with the collection as the first post in the thread?

Then every year, we could bump the thread. It would then require cut and paste, which is less efficient than just having them available inside the posting window, true. But I think people might go to that trouble, at least for some of their posts.

:santa2:

Yeah, provided the admins don't mind.

I need to email with Camilla Eriksson at Millan.net. Her Christmas smileys have disappeared, and she's got a couple that are among my favorites.

The normal smiley faces were replaced by ones that were basically the same thing wearing a red velvet "Santa hat" (a.k.a. Phrygian Cap) HTH :)

Yes, I'm aware of that, given that I supplied one of them myself (someone wanted a "mad Santa", so I made one). And they were not all identical to the default ones. The :( one was animated.

The normal smiley faces were replaced by ones that were basically the same thing wearing a red velvet "Santa hat" (a.k.a. Phrygian Cap) HTH :)
Yes, this is a big part of the problem. As I understand it, the current smilies have to be removed and replaced with the Christmas set. Not all of the Admin team have access to that part of the forum software. I know I do not.

But do you still have them, and the only problem is lack of access? If you still have them, I won't need to hunt them down. The only remaining problem would be to nagask Thunderfall to let you have access to install them.

I've installed hundreds of smileys over the years. It's not like you'd be able to damage anything (unless you make a mistake with the bbcode).

Leif, I'm not asking where they are. I'm asking if he still has them. If he does, I won't need to spend the time finding them. I know I have some of them on my old computer, and likely some of them on my Photobucket account. I'd rather not have to spend the time finding them if I don't have to. If he's got them, it should be possible to ask him to either install them or let you or The_J install them so that when December 1 comes around, they'll be available to use.

Leif, I'm not asking where they are. I'm asking if he still has them.
Please let me be clearer, I do not know if he has them or not.

I have found a partial archive of them - ten images - on my hard drive. There's a decent chance that I have more of them elsewhere; this was from an archive of one of my stories that I did in early January several years ago, so it only has the ones that I or another posted on that thread had used. I'm not sure what the overall number of Christmas smilies should be, but it's more than ten - notable, the sad one is sadly not present among these ten (although the mad one is; I always liked the justaposition of an angry smilie with a Christmas hat).

Attachments

• X-Mas Smilies.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 6
Separate post to show the smilies (due to 10-attachment per post limit; the combined pack makes it 11):

biggrin.gif

blushing.gif

cool.gif

cwm36.gif

frown.gif

mad.gif

rolleyes.gif

smile.gif

tongue.gif

wink.gif

Top Bottom