Windows 10 Install?

miccal2000

Warlord
Hello!

I've got a new computer coming, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I remember that for Civ4 and C2C to work the best, I should play in a compatibility mode. However, I can't remember which mode to use. Is it XP, Vista, or 7?

Thanks!

Chris

Hello!

I've got a new computer coming, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I remember that for Civ4 and C2C to work the best, I should play in a compatibility mode. However, I can't remember which mode to use. Is it XP, Vista, or 7?

Thanks!

Chris
No need to use any compatibility modes

Why would you want to have Win10 on a new computer anyway ? Just stick to the Win7, you can still buy the key legally and cheap.

Last edited:
Hello!

So, I have the computer, have everything installed.

However, when I load up a new game in C2C, I'm not getting the overlay with unit actions, the clock, the map in the corner, etc.

I have the mod in the same tree as the exe file, not in My Documents.

I'm not having this issue with plain BTS.

Any ideas, please?

THanks!

Chris

Hello!

So, I have the computer, have everything installed.

However, when I load up a new game in C2C, I'm not getting the overlay with unit actions, the clock, the map in the corner, etc.

I have the mod in the same tree as the exe file, not in My Documents.

I'm not having this issue with plain BTS.

Any ideas, please?

THanks!

Chris
Hmm, try running the game as admin (see properties of the BtS exe file).

However, I can not scroll the map using the mouse. Have I missed a setting?
Well that's just weird, are you playing the game in windowed mode? If so, there's usually an option to confine the mouse to the window which should allow you to scroll the map with the mouse.
One can alternatively scroll the map by clicking both left and right mouse button.... or was it by pressing the mouse wheel button?

Well that's just weird, are you playing the game in windowed mode? If so, there's usually an option to confine the mouse to the window which should allow you to scroll the map with the mouse.
One can alternatively scroll the map by clicking both left and right mouse button.... or was it by pressing the mouse wheel button?
I'm playing in windowed mode. I couldn't find an option for that.

Cool, thanks!

Another question. For some reason, I'm not getting a popup when it's time to choose a new tech to research. I do not have popups minimized.

Also, all my units are automatically starting fortified. Is there a way to change that, please?

Cool, thanks!

Another question. For some reason, I'm not getting a popup when it's time to choose a new tech to research. I do not have popups minimized.

Also, all my units are automatically starting fortified. Is there a way to change that, please?
So many strange issues you're having...

Didn't know units could start fortified or that tech popup choice could be suppressed under any circumstance; maybe a BUG option (the green cricket head button under your treasury)?

@raxo2222 any thoughts on this?

Cool, thanks!

Do you have

notechsplash = 0

in ...\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini
under the [CONFIG] section?
Try deleting your CivilizationIV.ini file and the backup .bak if not.

So many strange issues you're having...

Didn't know units could start fortified or that tech popup choice could be suppressed under any circumstance; maybe a BUG option (the green cricket head button under your treasury)?

@raxo2222 any thoughts on this?
Hello,

I've already checked the BUG settings, not seeing anything about units starting fortified/sleeping.

Do you have

notechsplash = 0

in ...\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini
under the [CONFIG] section?
Try deleting your CivilizationIV.ini file and the backup .bak if not.
I do have notechsplash = 0 in the ini file.

Also, all my units are automatically starting fortified.
In case Raxo's answer wasn't clear enough, you need to load basic game and uncheck it there - C2C removed this option, but not the possibility of it to function. Can also be possible that only index is carried over, so if it's not checked, uncheck everything on tab with Start Fortified.

In case Raxo's answer wasn't clear enough, you need to load basic game and uncheck it there - C2C removed this option, but not the possibility of it to function. Can also be possible that only index is carried over, so if it's not checked, uncheck everything on tab with Start Fortified.
@Toffer90 you want to check this
Maybe just add back it as to not confuse people

Top Bottom