Winnable?

HorseshoeHermit

20% accurate as usual, Morty
I have no words.

Will attach screen of starting position. Is Deity, Napoleon. You have a certain neighbour.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    436 KB · Views: 68
  • 2016-02-11_00002.jpg
    2016-02-11_00002.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 491
I'd say pretty much. T66 alone on the continent, 4 policies in liberty, and on the way to NC. I also got the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus (self built).
Spoiler :
I was pretty lucky to head straight north, stole Alex's bonus settler and every settler afterwards. Since map is tiny, scouting is done fast, and the 2 scouts I build were used to block Alex's setters so that he couldn't get out of the 3 tile radius with them.

Attachments

• 2016-02-12_00001.jpg
    2016-02-12_00001.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 290
There were actually 4 archers, another one right on the tile east of capital and one nw. I don't know why they are not visible, probably because of the zooming out. I used pillage heal a lot and got the heal instead of promotions on scouts and warrior because they were the ones targeted. So the archers just did their thing uninterrupted.

I'd say pretty much. T66 alone on the continent, 4 policies in liberty, and on the way to NC. I also got the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus (self built).
Spoiler :
I was pretty lucky to head straight north, stole Alex's bonus settler and every settler afterwards. Since map is tiny, scouting is done fast, and the 2 scouts I build were used to block Alex's setters so that he couldn't get out of the 3 tile radius with them.

*scowl*

Yeah, well, what happens if you scout Left and Alex plants Sparta in your grill on turn 10?

*grumble*

*scowl*

Yeah, well, what happens if you scout Left and Alex plants Sparta in your grill on turn 10?

*grumble*

The idea is that it is winnable. If 1 out of 1000 paths leads to success, then you can't really say it's impossible to win. But this is hardly the case, in worst case you might get an Alex with 4-5-6 cities while you have 3. That is still a good position to wipe him out before meeting anyone else. You can do a CA or CB rush, but liberty is probably best.

Okay, I can sleep now! Please tell me that Halicarnassus was after turn 66...

Nope I just played the 66 turns. I will probably be playing some more just to see how many wonders I can build, I am sure pyramids is safe since on the other continent someone went honor (SoZ was built) and I doubt the other AI went liberty. Then oracle, and maybe open tradition for HG (my gamble is that the 4th AI opened piety). I think I even have a shot at Petra, and I will definitely try for colossus even though it will probably be zero chance.

Looking trough the auto saves MoH was built at turn 56, but as you can see all the forests in the initial screen were chopped with Greek slaves. I had so many it was done in no time. In the end I set free 3 of them because I couldn't afford the upkeep.

There aren't any games that's not winnable unless the map was heavily tempered with. Even with a city 10 hex away from your capital, it will be extremely vulnerable to a CB rush anyway if you went liberty.

Top Bottom