[WIP] Project Civ: A Quality-Oriented Civ Pack

Late to the thread and it's much too big to search so I'll just ask. What prompted you to represent the Athenians with a land-based UU? Seems contrary to the general character of their civilization.

Late to the thread and it's much too big to search so I'll just ask. What prompted you to represent the Athenians with a land-based UU? Seems contrary to the general character of their civilization.

I didn't really know how to give them a Naval UU. So I'm giving them a Land unit with bonuses oriented towards the sea. I had originally planned for them to be able to ATTACK at sea as well, and I actually made progress with it, but I couldn't get a unit that could disembark.

This school project is taking much of my time here, but I managed to find some for an icon for Companion Infantry. I'll be now doing icons of Maratha and Harappan leaders for Tomatekh and Pouakai while I'm waiting for Eannatum's leaderscreen to base on. Or I could make use of some reference pictures for the Mississippians or the Sioux, or any information if anything is needed for the Phoenicians.

Honestly, I would rather see a release of the Phoenicians before you start working on the Sioux.

Phoenicia and Mississippi are the two civs on your drawing board that I'm most looking forward to.

This school project is taking much of my time here, but I managed to find some for an icon for Companion Infantry. I'll be now doing icons of Maratha and Harappan leaders for Tomatekh and Pouakai while I'm waiting for Eannatum's leaderscreen to base on. Or I could make use of some reference pictures for the Mississippians or the Sioux, or any information if anything is needed for the Phoenicians.

I like it. I've been losing much of my time as well, to my newfound favorite game, Mount and Blade: Warband. Seriously, it's been gobbling up a lot of my free time. I'm in no manner addicted to it; I can stop playing it when I want to.

Spoiler :
no not really help :scared:

I like it. I've been losing much of my time as well, to my newfound favorite game, Mount and Blade: Warband. Seriously, it's been gobbling up a lot of my free time. I'm in no manner addicted to it; I can stop playing it when I want to.

Spoiler :
no not really help :scared:

Don't worry, after only a few thousands hours, you'll get bored of it. I know it, because I've tried it a little, and I'm back to full health now.

But please do not mention that game again.

I've got a lot of mods to update before BNW...

This guy. That's a great icon.

But if you could put armor on him, and the helmet down, that would look fantastic.

Just my opinion, though.

Yeah, the funny thing about this is that he's wearing a labourer's clothing with his agoge issued cloak and a light panoply. The hell?

Don't worry, after only a few thousands hours, you'll get bored of it. I know it, because I've tried it a little, and I'm back to full health now.

But please do not mention that game again.

My brother has been trapped playing that game recently. He got it when it was on sale for about $5.:lol:

My brother has been trapped playing that game recently. He got it when it was on sale for about $5.:lol:

Well, I've been doing not so bad. I just refounded the Calradian Empire. Emperor Irkalla, hooooo! Also, don't underestimate Hired Blades. They work really well alongside Sergeants and Huscarls. I have about 30 Huscarls, 20 Hired Blades, and 5 Rhodok Sergeants in my infantry line. Combine this with a Vaegir and Rhodok Marksman/Sharpshooter Archer Line and a Knight/Mameluke Cavalry, and you've got yourself something. I've been crushing most of the Lords I meet due to Training and Experience advantage.

I can't say I care much for Khergits though. Lancers are alright, but they're solidly outclassed by Mamelukes.

Well, I've been doing not so bad. I just refounded the Calradian Empire. Emperor Irkalla, hooooo! Also, don't underestimate Hired Blades. They work really well alongside Sergeants and Huscarls. I have about 30 Huscarls, 20 Hired Blades, and 5 Rhodok Sergeants in my infantry line. Combine this with a Vaegir and Rhodok Marksman/Sharpshooter Archer Line and a Knight/Mameluke Cavalry, and you've got yourself something. I've been crushing most of the Lords I meet due to Training and Experience advantage.

I can't say I care much for Khergits though. Lancers are alright, but they're solidly outclassed by Mamelukes.

<hint> Try out Eagle and the Radiant Cross mod </hint>

Only just discovered this thread thanks to InsanelyApple. Amazing stuff

Two questions:

1. Do some of you collaborate/work with/for Firaxis?

OR

2. Does Firaxis take ideas directly from this thread? Reading through it it really looks like it

And [mr sumer lord whose name I can't spell] Eannatum of Lagash is here!

It's so odd to make a mesopotamian leader without a beard.

Well, after showing it to Irkalla he also requested some other changes:

Well, I guess no one can accuse old Eannatum of Lagash, of not "having a pot to pi$$ in." :D

Seriously, Leugi, that is top-knotch, pro-level artwork. Whatever are you doing giving it away? :confused: You should be working for 2K or someone who can use your evident talent.

A nice and simple solution to the negative space issue. Also, EXCELLENT skirt you did there. I'm happy.

Let's go art department!!!

Top Bottom