Wiz01- My first SG (Regent)

Originally posted by Wizard
I don't even know of all those other exploit bans.:confused: I am a total newbie to SGs... Please inform me, quick!

Check out RBCiv and / or one of LKendter's SG games.

Yes, I think those used by LKendter re good. So let it be so. Thanks for the info.:)

Ok, Wizard, that is fine with me. I think you should post them in your fist post so we can all refer to them. Thanks.

Gengis Khan - you're up!
sabo10 - you're on deck...

Originally posted by gormdragan
One of the important rule of SG is to pay your previous player $100 if this is your first SG game. WHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice gorm!! I almost forgot about that rule, sabo I expect my check in the mail no later then friday.:p

Got it guys, will play & post shortly.

Wizard - I see you changed the play order, so I am second. Also you added a grab in 24, post in 24. As I stated when I agreed to play, I do not have access to my computer from about noon Saturday until almost noon Monday (central time). So if this is going to be a problem then I should drop now or if it comes up to me during that time I could be skipped. Up to you.

I don't see that being a problem, since we all know that we'll just skip you if your turns some up on the weekend & you can have first crack at it Mon morning.

Originally posted by Gengis Khan

Nice gorm!! I almost forgot about that rule, sabo I expect my check in the mail no later then friday.:p

Got it guys, will play & post shortly.

Hmm...I seem to have bitten myself. I just realise I'm just after you in ER1.

Guess I'll just forward Wizard's check to you.

*shhhh don't tell anyone & will split it*

If you guys need a replacement or anything, I'd be happy to join. I'm currently playing my first Regent game. :)

1(4000)- Move worker to game tile, *Cue the sound of trumpets* Kyoto is founded, immediate work starts on a warrior.
Unfortunately Kyoto will never be a 4 turn settler factory(until we chop down that forest that is). Because we’re gonna have a growth problem in the capitol I start on pottery at 100%, due in 12.

2-4 :sleep:

5(3800)- warrior produced, starts scouting towards the south. Start another warrior.

6- Warrior climbs a mtn & spots a really great spot for our next city. Cattle, game, bg, & river once it expands….. and that’s only the spots he can see. There’s also a nice barbarian tribe keeping the spot warm for him, gonna have to pay them a visit.

7(3700)- :sleep:

8- Worker completes roading forest, moves onto bg. The hospitable barbarians teach us bronze working.

9(3600)- Warrior produced, start on barracks. Worker starts mining BG. Warriors scout.

10(3550)- 2nd warrior heading west spots another barb tribe, and some REALLY good terrain. Mad-bax I think you might have gone overboard with “making sure we have a good start”.:lol:

11(3500)- Kyoto expands. Tribe teaches us warrior code. Bump research back, pottery due in 1.

12- Learn pottery. Judging by the fact that 5 of our opponents are Egypt(CB,Mas), Germany(WC,BW), China(WC,Mas), Babs(CB,BW), and Amer(Pot,Mas). I’m willing to bet that 1 of the remaining 3 will be commercial & hopefully want to trade for alphebet, plus with the lack of hills/mtns in our immediate are we need to know where the iron is. I start on IW at full speed ahead.

13(3400)- 2nd warrior spots another barb tribe north of our city.

14- :sleep:

15(3300)- worker finishes mine, starts on road. Tribe give us a map of their region.

16- :sleep:

17(3200)- Spot incense to the south.

18- worker finishes road, moves over & starts mining BC on river.

19- :sleep:

20- :sleep:

**End of turn report**
IW due in 14, 12g, 0gpt.
Northern warrior can be returned to Kyoto for MP duty.
Kyoto will grow next turn & lux will need to be raised to 10% until MP gets there.

Possible next city placement………………. S of the 3 dye clump(to the north) on the forest square.
1 square SW of the cattle(to the south).
1 square SW of the wheat(to the west).

Can’t draw up a dotmap though, problems with photoshop. This is pretty close to OCP, without exploiting RCP, & purely based on taking advantage of the terrain.

Although we can go with a denser build(most likely 2 squares between cities), which the more I think about it would probably be better.

Sabo-UP!
Evie-in the circle.
gorm-on the bench

Good luck with the huts sabo!

I have seen two different play orders. Which is correct Wizard?

I believe it's this one.

Gengis Khan
sabo10
Superevie
gormdragan
me (Wizard)
zorven

BTW, shall we include Smelling Coffee? The more the merry.

gormdragan - if it is that one, then Wizard needs to update his first post.

Holy crap I'm almost up! I better get ready... :drinks a glassful of raw eggs and punches pieces of raw meat:

Calm down rocky, I'm sure you'll do fine.

NIce playing, GK. WHat are you researching now, didn't you complete Pottery?

I updated the first post. that is the playing order we should be using.

12- Learn pottery. Judging by the fact that 5 of our opponents are Egypt(CB,Mas), Germany(WC,BW), China(WC,Mas), Babs(CB,BW), and Amer(Pot,Mas). I’m willing to bet that 1 of the remaining 3 will be commercial & hopefully want to trade for alphebet, plus with the lack of hills/mtns in our immediate are we need to know where the iron is. I start on IW at full speed ahead.

Doh! guess I should've put that in my EoT report.

I'd also let Kyoto grow to at least size 4 before we start pumping out settlers.

Unfortunately Kyoto will never be a 4 turn settler factory(until we chop down that forest that is).

Sounds like you're having fun :D

I couldn't resist setting a little puzzle in the start postion to see if you *could* make the capital a 4 turn settler factory.

I was just having a little fun too. :)

Top Bottom