Wonders and Projects

LIST OF NEW WONDERS/PROJECTS

This is a list of new wonders and projects that will be in Diplomacy II, as well as their functions and requirements, they are not listed in any particular order:

CERN Large Hadron Collider (wikipedia article):
  • One free Great Scientist
  • One free technology
  • 100% Scientific output in city
  • Can change three citizens to scientists
  • +4 Culture, +3 GPP (scientist)
  • Requirements: Four laboratories, Fiber Optics and Superconductors

Flavian Amphitheatre (wikipedia article):
  • Either +1 Happiness or +1 Gold Per Colosseum throughout your Empire
  • Gives builder a 20/25% chance to create a rival's UU
  • +6 Culture, +2 GPP (engineer)
  • Requires Construction, and a Colosseum in the city that builds it

King Richard's Crusade:
  • +4 Culture, +2 GPP (prophet)
  • Automatically spreads your state religion upon city conquest
  • Requires Monarchy, State Religion

Leonardo's Workshop:
  • +4 Culture, +2 GPP (engineer)
  • 50% money required to upgrade units
  • Requires Paper and Engineering

Machu Picchu (wikipedia article):
  • +2 Gold, +4 Culture, +1 GPP (engineer)
  • Adds +1 food, +2 hammers, and +1 gold on every mountain your Empire controls when t he wonder is built. It also adds "Machu Picchu" on one of the tiles in the city's radius (+1 food and +6 gold on that tile).
  • Requires Code of Laws, and a Peak tile in the city's radius

Sun Tzu's Art of War (wikipedia article):
  • +4 Culture, +2 GPP (artist)
  • +25% Great General Emergence
  • New units receive +2 XP in all cities
  • Requires Literature and Monarchy

The Sydney Opera House (wikipedia article):
  • +10 Culture, +2 GPP (engineer)
  • +1 Free Artist
  • +1 From Theatres
  • Free Great Artist when built
  • Double Production speed with stone (for some reason)
  • Requires Radio, and a harbor in the city that builds it.

Trafalgar Square (wikipedia articles: Trafalgar Square, the Battle of Trafalgar):
  • +6 Culture, +2 GPP
  • Naval units receive +4 XP
  • Builds naval units 100% faster
  • Requires Harbor and Military Science

This list, like the mod, is a WIP, so things can change. If you see anything questionable or would like more info feel free to ask.

This is a modern wonder must:
Svalbard Global Seed Vault
Bonuses:
- Reduces chances of Global Warming within owners cultural borders by 25%
- Reduces chances of Global Warming for all players (exept from the owner, which have his own, better bonus as mentioned above) by 10%
- +1:)/:health:

This thread isn't really "ready to go" yet. I still have to put up the list of new wonders, but we'll take your suggestion into consideration once I start this thread up. Sounds like it could be a good idea though.

I promise to update this thread as soon as I get the Flavian Amphitheatre working. Speaking of which, if anyone has any python expertise could they please visit THIS THREAD and help me out?

:goodjob:

Borobudur.
+10:culture:
Can turn 3 citizens into Priest.
City more likely to generate Great Artist.
Can only be built on Medieval and earlier starts.

I am having difficulties getting the new Flavian Amphitheatre to work. I'm going to try a few things EmperorFool is suggesting, but it looks like the UU wonder is going to have to be scrapped. :(

Finalmente!

I got that damned Flavian Amphitheatre to work. Which is awesome. Now I all I have to do is wait on GeoModder and the playtest will be ready to go. I suppose in the meantime I can add a couple new units and fix that Franco Issue.

But since this is working, I think we discussed possibly adding a similar wonder for UBs. Has anybody thought of an idea for a good model?

And I'll try and update this thread with the list of wonders and effects within the next day or two. :goodjob:

Does anyone remember what we agreed on for the Flavian Amphitheatre's stats?

TAdF mentioned something about giving each Colosseum a money boost, but I don't know if that should be it. I was thinking something like:
  • +4 culture, +2 GPP (Engineer)
  • +1 Happiness per colosseum
  • 20% Chance to build rival UUs

Is that good enough? And also how do I add +1 Happiness per colosseum?

Does anyone remember what we agreed on for the Flavian Amphitheatre's stats?

TAdF mentioned something about giving each Colosseum a money boost, but I don't know if that should be it. I was thinking something like:
  • +4 culture, +2 GPP (Engineer)
  • +1 Happiness per colosseum

Is that good enough? And also how do I add +1 Happiness per colosseum?

The stas look good enough i think... and....
TheCapo said:
that is totally awsome :goodjob:

And I think there was a debate about the oselete tech. Here's what I'll say from experience with the wonder. Firstly, it does a pretty good job at the sporadic part of it, unlike the slaves (which seem to come all the time, I gotta fix that) the wonder does produce units at around a 20-25% rate. So it isn't that overpowered.

The other thing is, the benefits rely on how many and which civs you are playing against. So if you play on a smaller size map you will have less options, if you play on a larger size map against more civs you will have more of an opportunity with this wonder.

Considering all of those things what should obselete the Flavian Amphitheatre? I was thinking Gunpowder, but some people have said to make it later, or have no obselete tech. Thoughts?

I would say Nationalism, as this renewed the form of armies, with mercanaries no longer that popular and armies standing from the general population, this would make much sence.

I would say Nationalism, as this renewed the form of armies, with mercanaries no longer that popular and armies standing from the general population, this would make much sence.

I like that.

But keep the comments coming, I know a few people didn't want it to obselete.

Yeah you remember correctly. For example Edgecrusher and myself were against obsolation, because of the civs with late UUs.
If you end up in a game with no early UUd civs, then the whole wonder have no point

And IIRC TAdF wanted the + gold from Colosseums. I think he is right here, this may be a better bonus than the +1 happiness, as Colosseums already add 1 happy faces in the first place.
If you think of Arenas, either of the ancient Amphitheatres in Rome or the modern Sport Complexes today, increased commerce caused by the popultaion was/is always one of the main reasons of using them...

Btw, I wrote Arenas. I suggested this earlier, and you was thinking of changing the name. It suits the various colosseum type buildings much better. For example Brazil's UB is Estadio de Futball, and a colosseum replacement. Arena's would sound much better, and not just here for the Mayan Ball Court and other similar UBs too...
And of course this means we could rename the UU wonder to Colosseum or Colosseo, the more commonly used name for Flavian Amphitheatre :)

The naming part I was just going to wait on, it is really easy to do and isn't as important as getting the stats right. I guess we can do the +1 gold per colosseum/arena/stadium thing, I just don't know how to implement that though.

EDIT: Brazil's UB is not a football stadium in Diplomacy, FYI.

Oh, sry then, I don't have Diplomacy I. Unfortunately you never got there to upload it again after I came to the site :)
I also don't know how to add the +1 gold/colosseum/arena/stadium, we should wait for Xyth with that.
If it's hard or not possible we can still go with the +1 happiness, it's a good idea too, I just prefer the other one.

Btw, if i think of it Stadium is an even better name then Arena, actually I may suggested that in the first place a few months ago :)

Oh, sry then, I don't have Diplomacy I. Unfortunately you never got there to upload it again after I came to the site :)
I also don't know how to add the +1 gold/colosseum/arena/stadium, we should wait for Xyth with that.
If it's hard or not possible we can still go with the +1 happiness, it's a good idea too, I just prefer the other one.

Btw, if i think of it Stadium is an even better name then Arena, actually I may suggested that in the first place a few months ago :)

Yeah, at least in the United States we generally use "Arena" for enclosed venues and "Stadium" for open venues. Like a Basketball Arena or a Football Stadium. Football Arena and Basketball Stadium wouldn't sound right to us.

Okay, I have finally added the list. I did forget to put the obseletes, but I gotta get ready to go in a bit so I'll do that later.

Well I don't know for sure but from looking through the API I think both +1 happiness and +1 gold are doable in Python, albeit inefficiently. There'd need to be a check when the Wonder is first built that applies the bonus to all existing Colosseums and also a separate check every time a building is built, to see if it is a Colosseum and whether that player has the wonder or not. Best to check in the SDK/Python forums though, changing the bonuses on buildings is not an area I have experience in yet.

EDIT: If going for +1 happiness, it would probably be much simpler to give it to every city, whether they have a Colosseum or not. That can be done in xml and doing it only for Colosseums is a lot of Python for a pretty minor aspect of the wonder.

Well I don't know for sure but from looking through the API I think both +1 happiness and +1 gold are doable in Python, albeit inefficiently. There'd need to be a check when the Wonder is first built that applies the bonus to all existing Colosseums and also a separate check every time a building is built, to see if it is a Colosseum and whether that player has the wonder or not. Best to check in the SDK/Python forums though, changing the bonuses on buildings is not an area I have experience in yet.

EDIT: If going for +1 happiness, it would probably be much simpler to give it to every city, whether they have a Colosseum or not. That can be done in xml and doing it only for Colosseums is a lot of Python for a pretty minor aspect of the wonder.

Hmm, alright, well this can be changed in the playtest after next, we still need to iron all of this out. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom