Wonders that look worst on the map

^^ agreed.

The great wall shouldn't have a 5 tile limit from the city it was built in. It should expand until a certain time period. I don't expect it to encompass my whole empire, but at least my 3-4 original cities once they are all connected.

What kind of graphic could they use for the Great Firewall? Maybe a translucent holographic "forcefield" around your city with lots of binary numbers streaming through it (like something from The Matrix)?
Well, since the Great Firewall is intangible, maybe it would have been better off as a Project instead.

They could still come up with an icon if needed. The Manhattan Project is now a Project but it used to be a Wonder (with an icon. A crappy icon but still an icon).

^^ agreed.

The great wall shouldn't have a 5 tile limit from the city it was built in. It should expand until a certain time period. I don't expect it to encompass my whole empire, but at least my 3-4 original cities once they are all connected.
Yeah, it would look cooler if it was bigger.

However, at least this way, it makes it easier to identify which city had the Great Wall. If it encompassed all of your cities, it would be much harder to figure out which city to attack and take in order to take control of the Great Wall.

And at least the graphic actually changes now, as your cultural borders expand and the effect applies to all of your territory. In Civ IV, I recall that the graphics and effects applied to all the tiles within your cultural borders at the time you built the Wonder, but would not cover any tiles you got afterwards.

I really like Machu Picchu and Nesuchwanstein, they look good.
Not got much love for Terracotta army or the Kreml.
Louvre just looks so tiny, it's a HUGE effing palaca and was originally built as one, in a sense.
Hubble telescope suffers from the "project" problem, they only put a silly satellite icon there.
Eiffel tower is bigger than the pyramids.
Conversely, Big Ben is quite tiny. I think that and Notre Dame should be much bigger, it's grandiose architecture after all.

Oh, you know what i hate the most? The treatment the Sixtine Chapel has received.
SUCH GRANDEUR, BUT OH, WHAT IS THAT? A <snip> MATCHBOX HAS BEEN ERECTED IN MY CITY!

Moderator Action: Please do not try to bypass the autocensor.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Top Bottom