Would alien life eat us?

Just because it's bad for then, doesn't mean they wouldn't eat it. Hell look at all the stuff Human eat everyday.

What if Slavery is part of their equivalent of a Caste System?
Slavery decreases in value as technology increase, due to decreasing needs for labour and the need for more skill and education.
Small scale slavery for certain purposes (i.e. current sexual slavery or domestic service) where technology is of little value isn't out of the question, but it is unlikely large scale slave labour would be viable with technology advanced enough for regular interstellar travel.

Assuming biological compatibility, it would likely be more effort than it is worth to consume humans on a large scale. Any alien with interstellar travel would be in a far better position to eat the meat that we do. Cows, pigs, goats, sheep, etc are far more docile and easy to maintain and slaughter large populations of. Though if humans taste good, being a delicacy is not out of the question.

I also have doubts about such an advanced species using extensive slave labour. Simply because their technology would povide much greater efficiency using a few of well educated and motivated individuals than masses of slaves doing manual labour. Of course, being exploited without actual slavery is another option.

Zerg
Aliens
Tyranids

Slavery decreases in value as technology increase, due to decreasing needs for labour and the need for more skill and education.
Small scale slavery for certain purposes (i.e. current sexual slavery or domestic service) where technology is of little value isn't out of the question, but it is unlikely large scale slave labour would be viable with technology advanced enough for regular interstellar travel.
You're discounting for culture though. We have many things that have outlived society's needs and even have became obsolete with modern science, but still closely hold on to, the most notable example being Religion. (Which could also be a reason for keeping slavery, though I guess that ties in with culture.)

Why is almost everyone assuming I meant intelligent aliens? It's totally irrelevant. The question is can alien life eat us, not "what alternative uses can they do with us other than eating?" I'm sure intelligent aliens could boil us into a stew, add some alien spices and sprinkle their make-edible powder.

Here, I'll retype the question for the children: Can an alien-like Lion eat us?

Top Bottom