WOW. JUST WOW. What an AMAZING mod!

bloomstomb

Chieftain
I havent played civ 4 for a long time. I used to love it, but got insanely bored of it.

Well mulling around, completely bored with all these new and terrible games I stumbled across this mod. So I decided to give it a try.

ITS AMAZING! I cant believe someone put so much work into this.

Its better than the actual game!

I have been playing nonstop for 3 days now!

GREAT JOB GUYS! THE BEST MODIFICATION OF ANY GAME EVER.

yeah would be nice if computer industry would produce games like FFH2...
well... dreams..

don't ask me - it's beyond my imagination why they abandoned producing games like MOO2 or MOM or Alpha Centauri in the first place.

this broader audience are people who don't buy games, they are unlike the audience of the mentioned games, this broader audience are people who have no idea of fun, and only wan't to win, this broader audience is not the audience that the computer industry SHOULD target, but it's that kind of audience, who has nothing to contribute but cracks and hacks, what gives the industry an excuse (but a bad one) to produce games, which are protected by crappy copy protection, what is only a problem to people like us, who care, and buy games, and never ever for that broader audience, who has no clue about computer games at all, but who knows exactly where to get their "for-them-produced" games without any cost. While people like us, e.g. customers are delivered with games that we don't really want and HAVE TO mod (or use mods), in order to get what we want, even though we have payed for it. (I mean AT LEAST for Civ 4 Vanilla they could have used the Blue Marble terrain instead of this cartoon world, this was well known since Civ3, but why did they not use what appeals people who actually buy that game, but only those who don't? because of marketing strategies which are far away from the reality).

hopefully the industry one day gets these facts.

Why not? Seeing the popularity of FFH2, there's no reason for the industry not to learn from its success.

There are quite a number of diverse reasons why the most existing companies in the existing markets (aka where customers mostly actually pay for software because the means are exist.) won't touch such games. (Some of the reasonable some not. Most of those are based on opinion / outlook / corporate culture / makeup of the market and so on...).
If you want a bit of elaboration, just send me a message via PM. I have some quite limited knowledge about those matters and would surely not mind to offer those words to someone involved if it would even remotely help to bring about more good games like that come out of it...

I rather think that those games like FFH2 and comparable games of other genres (extreme depth and steep learning curve, high ammount of content... You get the picture) may well continue to come into being more and more from the internet-community as projects of individual or teamed free dedicated freelancers. (its unlikely that all those actors would be as altruistic when it comes to financial matters as the FFH2-Team is.
And i doubt there needn't be. Nothing bad / wrong at making a living from making people happy with your work.
It just makes the project so much sweeter in a way...
But any kind of project that starts out as a free thing will garner that kind of support for sure... ;) No matter if later on you accept donations or go down the route of going partly / fully commercial.)
That its possible in a stellar way has been proven beyond doubt here. (I'm sure Unicef doesn't mind the donations.)

Both from scratch or using SDKs like those from Firaxis' or Bethsoft's or Stardock's games which also have an interesting policy towards modding including generous legal terms. (the Civ 4 Manual is clear enough on the matter. If Kael + Team would have wanted, I'm sure beyond doubt that Firaxis whould have published it cheerfully quite some time ago...)

Doesn't mean that commercial newcomers (both startups in traditional economies as whole industries from the emerging economies) can't or shouldn't go that path.
There is quite a number of players who crave for such games and really dig them + are more than willing to actually pay for them
(if you haven't but care to do perhaps read Stardocks (the publisher) take on the matter and why catering to us strategy-gamers who like deep tbs games does pay off at least financially. :))

And its one of the few industries where concept-copying is viewed even with some kind of favor in the Euro-northAmerican world (legal issues of course still exist, but you might be even more fimilar with those than i am. So who am i to tell you?). As long as its not a direct copy-past but rather a similar concept.

So if you got the means
(might be given your mod ;) now or in the futre. Perhaps i'll find the time to try it one day. Looks very interesting...). But that's just a slight guess)
don't hesitate to spread the word about us strategy-lovers in the circles you have acess to (fantasy tbs is a very special crowd and FFH2 sets the bar quite high here. Though i wouldn't start scoff at a good try which fails to raise the bar just slightly... ;) And most Fantasy-tbs fans like tbs in general).

The niche of possible customers is there. Rest assured. And i doubt gamers still give much on where a game-studio is set geographically.
If the different graphical location allows for a different kind of design philosophy (like more: "when it's done" and less "get it out as soon as it is remotely possible to make some fast cash" or more "we need good gameplay and want to use + improve proven concepts + expand on them" as opposed to "we need to do something artistic, flashy and never seen before") might even turn this different geographical and / or economic framework into an decisive advantage.

Hey guys , is there any way to get corlindale exp past 100/101?

Cant seem to figure it out. :king:

Oh, there should be. Attatch a greath commander to him whould be the "easiest".

Attatching a Weapon to him and blessing him and fighting other civs another.

Combining this all might lead to a real sensible option to do so (Since Strength 1 doesn't exactly offer a real good chance to win all so many battles.).

but mind that he Starts out at 0 Strength and that without Valor or a Great Commander no Unit can gain XP from fighting barbarians.

It takes quite a lot to boost him to become a competent fighter. He just despises violence so much he would rather die than fight...

FfH2 is Absolutely Awesome

There is not, unfortunately. Corlindale tends to be outclassed by the late game.

You might pick up a few free EPs exploring lairs/dungeons. Seems a bit risky and out of character, though.

You can't turn Corlindale to a Lich or any World Unit for that matter...

Well i am still playing. A little played out for now. Is there any new ffh coming out soon ?:lol:

I played a game on monarch on standard. I picked the theaim and made everyone else random/good.

The elves put up a pretty hard fight but my meheber of dis picked up the staff of souls and another item that brought his attack strength to 51!!!

He was running through the enemy empires unchallangeble (along with an army of lich/eaterofdreams and mages :).

The pary ended when that bastard dwarf cast some spell that killed all my undead and demons , including my meheber! But the game was soon over as the mages ran over the little that was left of the enemy empire.

Why not? Seeing the popularity of FFH2, there's no reason for the industry not to learn from its success.

Lol? Lots of elements of FfH2 are based on Master of Magic.

I guess most of you kids are too young to remember that game.

Top Bottom