[SCENARIO] Wrub: The Survivor - The MEGA Fauna Scenario.

Somebody613

Deity
Here's my first "modmod".
You are playing as Wrub the Neanderthal in a world full of MEGA fauna that wants to eat you.
Files included in Wrub.rar:
PrivateMaps/Wrub_the_Neanderthal.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
Assets/XML/GameInfo/CIV4HandicapInfo.xml
Assets/XML/GameInfo/(old)CIV4HandicapInfo.rar
Assets/XML/Units/Animals_CIV4UnitInfos.xml
Assets/XML/Units/(old)Animals_CIV4UnitInfos.rar
ENJOY and REVIEW!

EDIT:
UPDATED!

Attachments

• Wrub.rar
    113.4 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
EDIT:
What the heck???
The battle calculator shows that my winning chances are almost zero, yet I wipe the animals like they're all Lizards, despite their actual Strength being correctly HUGE.
THE HECK???
Can someone check the XML and tell me what I did wrong there?
You only need to check the very first few animals, since I made all changes more or less identical.
HELP!!!
You get some free wins in the start of the game against NPC teams. This is defined in handicap infos xml if you want to change it to zero for all difficulties.

Posted a link to this on Discord. Hopefully you can get some feedback from players there.
I just posted that I clearly did something wrong with the XML, because these MEGA animals still get wiped like Lizards.
And I have no clue what I did wrong.
Can you take a quick look at the file?
Even the first animal will be enough to get the mistake, since I made all of them literally identical in most new stuff.
Help, please.

You get some free wins in the start of the game against NPC teams. This is defined in handicap infos xml if you want to change it to zero for all difficulties.
Oooh!!!
Damn, this mod is SO complex, loool.

So we're good right?
Not sure, but it seems to mostly work.
And it's kinda BORING, lol.
I expected more of a challenge, so AI is still rather mild- or maybe I had to play-test MORE than until finally getting being eaten, lol.
In any case, that's just an EXAMPLE of what I was talking about scenario-wise.
Do you think it could be turned into something fun enough?

Hard to say. Animal aggression is an XML statistic on the animal XML. Also how likely it is that the animal can spawn or move into human territory. Have you found those settings?

What is it you find is making it 'boring'?

UPDATED!
Made animals much more MEGA and aggressive, removed free kills, put everything into the correct folder structure for easy overwriting (includes backups).
Gonna play-test again, but should be much more challenging now.
Hint: Killing animals gives MEGA experience as well, just because. LOL!
Enjoy and review!

Top Bottom