XCOM 2

the only thing i don't like about xcom2 from all the information we gathered so far is the strategic time clock. i hope there are numerous re-spawning missions that delay the avatar project so i can complete my squad of demigods.

Yep - after watching a number of preview vids i have to say i am well and truly hyped for this. The base game looks excellent and i simply cannot wait for all the mods. Im breaking my new year resolution and pre ordering.

The Avenger Defense mission is absolutely EPIC!

Cool mission, but damn is that youtuber lame. It was almost too bad he named his guy after Beaglerush because I just kept wishing I was watching the real deal.

Cool mission, but damn is that youtuber lame. It was almost too bad he named his guy after Beaglerush because I just kept wishing I was watching the real deal.

I think they all have a bit of youtube camaraderie as they were (some of) the ones who were given exclusive access. So im guessing it’s the youtube equivalent of saying “I appreciate your work” like in the film industry when directors/writers include things that mimic other peoples stuff.

He's not as good as Beags but unfortunately Beagle is releasing videos very slowly, so anyone who is thirsty for more XCOM 2 is going to have to settle for a lesser Youtuber.

So apparently the people that made Long War are working on day 1 mod content with official backing from Firaxis.

https://xcom.com/news/en-long-war-studios-preparing-xcom-2-content-for-launch

Firaxis has continued to impress me with their community interaction throughout the launch process of this game, I really really hope the game exceeds everyone's wildest expectations in terms of sales. Send a message to the game dev world that this is the kind of behavior we are interested in rewarding.

So apparently the people that made Long War are working on day 1 mod content with official backing from Firaxis.

https://xcom.com/news/en-long-war-studios-preparing-xcom-2-content-for-launch

Firaxis has continued to impress me with their community interaction throughout the launch process of this game, I really really hope the game exceeds everyone's wildest expectations in terms of sales. Send a message to the game dev world that this is the kind of behavior we are interested in rewarding.

This is all great, conditional on the idea that the various bugs shown off in the preview build actually get fixed on launch. I don't want it to start off as a buggy mess.

This is all great, conditional on the idea that the various bugs shown off in the preview build actually get fixed on launch. I don't want it to start off as a buggy mess.

They should be, the devs have already said that the preview build Youtubers are showing off is not the current build, it's been changed since they've gotten it and will no doubt continue to be tuned right up until launch.

They should be, the devs have already said that the preview build Youtubers are showing off is not the current build, it's been changed since they've gotten it and will no doubt continue to be tuned right up until launch.

I don't know if you watched the live stream yesterday but the devs explained that they have tweaked how overwatch ambushes work to make them a bit less game-y. Now, if the aliens break your concealment by spotting on of your soldiers out of cover, the aliens will shoot the soldier that is out of cover before your overwatch kicks in. This is designed to discourage players from deliberating leaving a soldier out of cover as a way of exploiting overwatch against the aliens. I think the change makes sense.

I agree, I preordered it after seeing quill and beaglerush playing it because I can tell that the gameplay will be good. I just wish the aliens would play more aggressive, it looks too easy as it is.

Just FYI, Greenman Gaming has a special running at the moment.

Coupon/Code: 27PERC-OFFXCO-M2GAME

Giving 27% off XCOM2, I used it and if nothing else, offsets the HORRIBLE canadian exchange rate :D

Just FYI, Greenman Gaming has a special running at the moment.

Coupon/Code: 27PERC-OFFXCO-M2GAME

Giving 27% off XCOM2, I used it and if nothing else, offsets the HORRIBLE canadian exchange rate :D

Although i am tempted with this, if you purchase from GMG doesnt that shut you off from the workshop on steam? In view of the games moddability this seems like a bit of a handicap.

I thought GMG offered Steam keys.

Beagle was playing legendary. He actually modded it to make it harder on stream.

Haha, in true Firaxis style this might be a game where you play on hardest difficulty first to get the achievement before they patch it and make it much more difficult. And so continues the theme with Civ V vanilla (that horse archer rush); as well as the BE affinity unit rush. Both led to easy deity and apollo victories early in the game development cycles.

That said i think the difficulty on EU and EW was pretty much spot on. And it was made better by second wave options; and then long war came in and blew everything apart. I guess thats the difficulty here. Is that are Firaxis just going to rely on mods to make long war MKII (i.e. a harder version than their hardest setting). The fact is that many of their hardcore following have played long war and might therefore be less than impressed if the hardest skill setting actually plays out much easier than impossible did on EU and EW. I would say that legendary should at least be as difficult as impossible was.

Although i am tempted with this, if you purchase from GMG doesnt that shut you off from the workshop on steam? In view of the games moddability this seems like a bit of a handicap.

Pretty sure that workshop will still be available. It is indicated on the GMG XCom2 store page that it requires a Steam Account for the game, so I can't think of a reason the workshop wouldn't be available.

The fact is that many of their hardcore following have played long war and might therefore be less than impressed if the hardest skill setting actually plays out much easier than impossible did on EU and EW. I would say that legendary should at least be as difficult as impossible was.

You have to remember though that Firaxis aren't catering exclusively to the hardcore people that played Long War though. They are targeting a wider audience, that's what all of the modability and community stuff is about, building a wide community so the game can live for a good long time. And the devs have specifically said in interviews that they felt the difficulty curve in Impossible EU was all wrong, explicitly calling it a mistake. I think what they're going for here is actually more of a Long War style difficulty curve, where it starts out easier than EU does but maintains it's difficulty over time better. Remember that in EU, even on Impossible, all of the difficulty was in the first couple of months, if you made it past that you could usually roll the rest of the game because the difficulty curve goes off a cliff as soon as you start getting gear upgrades.

Lastly, remember that it's not fair to judge difficulty based on watching Beagle play. Beagle is Beagle, I'm guessing very few of us are even close to his skill level.

Top Bottom