[Xtended] Things, Typos, & Bugs...

Cor'e =)

Warlord
This Thread is for all the simple things that may need fixing, because there are so many hidden, or obvious, and possibly unintentional interactions from all the version changes, we need a place to just list them so they can be dealt with. Larger issues should get their own thread, like race balance issues, or be discussed in the main change-log thread(s).

Can't chose a Trait when you have Adaptive Trait, you get something random.
Military State lists a +50% military unit production, but is~30%.

Chop forever...

Attachments

• long chop.png
    long chop.png
    757.7 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Was it a hawk chopping the forests? It might use its beak to peck the tree trunks bit by bit, :D

Seriously: what was happening?

I'll run test with Adaptive. IIRC, it worked in my previous test as Cassiel.

Military State gives +30% unit production instead of +50%? I'll check this as well.

Where/when does it let one chose the Trait?

This happens right after assigning workers, and i guess the next unit gets sucked into a bug. ?
Wolf shops, lol...
Another incense?
No endings?

Attachments

• wolf workshop.png
    wolf workshop.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 320
  • mage guild.png
    mage guild.png
    465.4 KB · Views: 285
  • glow tree.png
    glow tree.png
    842.8 KB · Views: 264
  • what what.png
    what what.png
    926 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Never encountered that chopping bug, but i also never tried to build improvements with my animal. the other things ar petty simple:

glow tree: just klick on one of the highlighted options to finish the event.

mage guild: you get base income of spellresearch of 1 for one rescource. For each additional resource you have of that type you get 0.3 additional spellresearch.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachments/mage-guild-png.456036/

oh, and oh, i see, after a few hundred turns i get a choice of a dozen, playing marathon. um, i'm building with normal workers, the animals are the next unit(s) it autos to, i think.

Civopedia (sp) has some links references partially missing broken that most of time i have to use the index. =( i guess it's a wip.

Since we're discussing adaptive trait, there is another thing i noticed:
When your leader is adaptive and you acquire a new trait with culture, this new trait is classified as "temporary" and gets removed when you change your traits. I assume this is a bug, because you would have wasted all that culture otherwise.

I have checked the code for Adaptive. Maybe I'll make a set of duplicate traits (TRAIT_ARCANE and TRAIT_ARCANE_ADAPTIVE) which will have same effect.

Which part(s) or link(s) are missing? I'd like to fix all relevant pedia entries before updating to 5.2
There are so many i'm sorry to report, it is like a whole job in itself, i kinda wanted to have a go at just that part of the mod, but i'm not sure what i'd be myself getting into, what file(s) is/are it/they?

Where/when does it let one chose the Trait?

This happens right after assigning workers, and i guess the next unit gets sucked into a bug. ?
Wolf shops, lol...
Another incense?
No endings?

The incenses is correct. You get 1 for the first and .33 for every one you have.

I can see all the text in mine. Its based on the screen resolution. I have high resolution and wide screen and got plenty of white space for more text

The wolf thing is a bug... in your game some how linked classes, animal and worker some how, which means that other classes are bugged...........I suspect all animal class can some how try to make a improvement.

Choosing Creative (from Empire Culture) i'm still paying resources (stone) for stuff like Coliseums. =(

BIG city!

Attachments

• What r they eating!.png
    What r they eating!.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 306
Last edited:
There are so many i'm sorry to report, it is like a whole job in itself,
I suggest you just report anything you want to. Some links will lead to unindexed entries, this is intended because some entries are set as "hidden".

Some entries are also still show placeholder texts instead of lore/strategy entries. That is WIP but on low priority.

What I consider as bug:
  • Python error when selecting an entry.
  • Entry shows different thing/not updated to current mechanic.
  • Link leads to totally different entries (for example, link should lead to Earth Elemental the unit but leads to Earth Elemental the spell research instead).
Choosing Creative (from Empire Culture) i'm still paying resources (stone) for stuff like Coliseums. =(
Are you sure about this? Did you see your amount of stone was subtracted?

BIG city!
Yes, one barbarian city is totally out of control now, producing Ogres and whatnot. That is coded in DLL, though, so I need someone capable in DLL modding to help.

... Some links will lead to unindexed entries, this is intended because some entries are set as "hidden". Some entries are also still show placeholder texts instead of lore/strategy entries. That is WIP but on low priority."
Yes, these are the two main things, if i see anything else i'll report it, i've seen a few typos. The two things really detract from understanding this mod and gameplay, one thinks this is missing or this is not done, i'd get rid of "hidden" stuff unless there's a better way to reveal things, like maybe as we encounter units, races, beasts, civs, etc. imho.
... Are you sure about this? Did you see your amount of stone was subtracted?
Yes.
... Yes, one barbarian city is totally out of control now, producing Ogres and whatnot. That is coded in DLL, though, so I need someone capable in DLL modding to help.
Ok, but it's almost all their cities, don't they have food limits or unit limits like we do?

About limits, why is it i haven't been able to build a combat unit for over 600 turns?? They're just grayed-out in every city.

Attachments

• What r they eating! mo.png
    What r they eating! mo.png
    578.3 KB · Views: 252
  • What r they eating! momo.png
    What r they eating! momo.png
    698 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

I tried this on several game tests and all traits that makes buildings require no global yield work just fine. Anyone has this bug?

About limits, why is it i haven't been able to build a combat unit for over 600 turns?? They're just grayed-out in every city.
Do you have the necessary unit support? It's shown on main screen, top left, above Faith.
If you have 15/15 or something like that, it means you already used all unit support in your empire and have to build Training Yards, Barracks, Warrior Districts or War Academies. Or you can build new cities/increase population.
Note that Sidar can not increase their unit limit other than by building cities/increasing population.

but it's almost all their cities, don't they have food limits or unit limits like we do?
I saw Sidar's city has 65 pop as well, so this is not Barbarian related issue. AI cities grow just like human player's. They do get bonus on production and commerce (but AFAIK no food) in higher difficulties.

I've seen Cardith take over a size 6 city with 17 total food available and grow to size 23 in a few turns...

It says 29/27 arm muscles atm, i've only been able to build naval units, could animals be messing me up? I have 19 combat units (all new ones came from research and events), 15 animals(includes 4 hawks), 1 settler, 9 workers, 8 boats. I've built new Training Yards, Barracks, Warrior Districts and new cities, no change.

Luxury District is not providing a random luxury resource. =(

Animals do cost unit support. You need to build more or disband some units* until the second number is larger than the first, for example 25/27. Then you will be able to build military units.

* Hawk does not require unit support. Only animals capable of fighting do.
** Rather than disband the animal units, unlock Ranger's Guild second tech and put them in cages for extra happiness and culture.

Luxury District is not providing a random luxury resource. =(
The resource it gives might be a copy of existing resource. Anyone else has encountered this bug?

Animals do cost unit support. You need to build more or disband some units* until the second number is larger than the first, for example 25/27. Then you will be able to build military units. * Hawk does not require unit support. Only animals capable of fighting do.
** Rather than disband the animal units, unlock Ranger's Guild second tech and put them in cages for extra happiness and culture.
Have been doing just that, i still have too many i guess. =) Building new cities does not change arm muscles... =(

Last edited:
no bug on cultural trait.
the reduction works fine for me.

(I really think that animals should not count unit-support... their str is so tiny once you unlock a +2str...)

Top Bottom