[LH] Tu'itatui

Xyth's Leaderhead Gallery 2016-10-05

By the way I converted the textures you sent me to dds, and once again the leaderhead appears as a ghost.

I don't know why the textures are doing that, they look fine when I open them. :confused:

My next guess would some incompatibility with the alpha layers (transparency) in the textures. Borrow tokugawa_nrml.dds, tokugawa_env.dds, tokugawa_env_mask.dds, and tokugawa_spec.dds from Novator's Porus LH, and try them with Tu'itatui.

Ok I imported the tokugawa files from Porus into the Tui'itatui folder and replaced the files that were there. I then went into the game and the ghost issue is still present Oo.

We will get to the bottom of this don't worry. What else can we check next Xyth?

Ok I imported the tokugawa files from Porus into the Tui'itatui folder and replaced the files that were there. I then went into the game and the ghost issue is still present Oo.

We will get to the bottom of this don't worry. What else can we check next Xyth?

Hmm. Next thing I would try is to install the Porus leader (not the noshader version), but swap the file tokugawa_diff.dds for tokugawa_tapa.dds from Tu'itatui. If it ghosts, then we know that main texture file is the problem. If it doesn't, then we know it's the .nif file. Hoping the latter, because that will be much easier to try fix.

Alright I did as you suggested. The good news is now the leaderhead is no longer a semi-transparent ghost. The bad news is he is now a pink tint. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Pink means it can't find a texture. My bad, I left out the crucial step of renaming the tokugawa_tapa.dds you've copied over to Porus as tokugawa_diff.dds (move the original Porus one elsewhere temporarily).

So what exactly should I do next? I'm abit confused Oo I apologize.

1) Install Novator's Porus leaderhead
2) Move the file tokugawa_diff.dds out of the Porus folder
3) Copy the file tokugawa_tapa.dds from Tu'itatui to Porus
4) Rename the file you just copied as tokugawa_diff.dds
5) Let me know if Porus is ghostly in game

And bingo! The ghost and pink problem has been solved. He appears normally in game now.

BTW Xyth, I've been trying your History Rewritten mod, really nice work man. A lot of the graphics(such as buildings and afew leaderheads) I don't recognize from anywhere else, is that all your work?

And bingo! The ghost and pink problem has been solved. He appears normally in game now.

Ah good. That means the problem exists in the .nif file, so the easiest solution is to just substitute the one from Porus. Means some of his clothing texture may not line up properly, but better than being a ghost!

1) Install Tu'itatui
2) Remove the file tokugawa.nif
3) Replace it with the file of the same name from Porus

BTW Xyth, I've been trying your History Rewritten mod, really nice work man. A lot of the graphics(such as buildings and afew leaderheads) I don't recognize from anywhere else, is that all your work?

Thanks! I don't make anything from scratch, but there's a fair few building/units/leaders I've modified to better suit my needs. Realism Invictus has a lot of unit and building art not available elsewhere, I've borrowed a fair bit from there.

Hello @Xyth I was wonder if you can make a Fu Hao Leaderhead please? You can use Ekmek Trung sisters and retexture it based on this:
fuhao.png

This was a came from a National Geographic documentary called "Treasure Tomb of the Warrior Queen"

Top Bottom