Yet another Christmas mod (portraits of leaders)

tupi

Warlord
LINK HERE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RGc45yCgVHznaOpUDlPmujFHZmavWPO_/view?usp=sharing

So, we have JCivED by darkpanda. It's a great tool to change some civ graphics. And also 2021 is near (30 years of Civ, btw!), etc. It's never too early for some Christmas spirit, I think. Also do not forget about mods from this thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/oh-yes-we-did-the-civ1-xmas-mod.517301/

This mod contains KING00...KING13.PIC and .PAL, and also SLAM2.PIC and SLAM1.PAL. (Though some of .PAL files was not altered at all, actually...) Back up your civ files and then replace your files with contents of the .zip archive. And enjoy your diplomacy (and conquest) screen.

It maybe not so pretty looking, I'm no way an artist. Some results are pretty good, others are not so great. Anyway, it's finished, I think.

Some tech stuff:
King portraits use colors from 64 to 143. So if you want to use completely new palette, you should make it manually, color by color. I did not find any other way to do it. So, first you should create image with 80 colors total (+1 background color), then manually copy these colors to some leader palette in JCivED (places from 64 to 143) and then export this new palette. But in my case, I only altered some unused colors to new ones. For some leaders, I did not alter original palette at all.

Attachments

• shaka.png
    shaka.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 121
  • ham.png
    ham.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 114
  • liz.png
    liz.png
    125.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Hi tupi,

Excellent work !

To be honest the PIC/PAL edition features in JCivEd is really basic and I always wanted to make it much more simple for everyone, so congrats for taking the time to do a proper mod :)

I sense 2021 may be a good year for me to get back to work on Civ & JCivEd, but only time will tell.

Keep up the good work and cheers !

Top Bottom