Resource icon

Wrapping Mappa Mundi Mod 2016-10-05

****VERSION UPDATE****LATEST VERSION UPLOADED 11 OCTOBER 2010. ALL ERRORS SHOULD NOW BE CORRECTED, AND A NONWRAPPING VERSION OF THE MAP IS INCLUDED AS WELL. IF YOU DOWNLOADED PRIOR TO 11 OCT, PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION FOR BEST GAMEPLAY. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.

****VERSION UPDATE****THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE CIV4UNITINFOS.XML FILE ORIGINALLY INCLUDED. IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE MOD PRIOR TO 9 OCTOBER 2010, PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE UPDATED VERSION USING THE UPDATED LINK ON THIS PAGE. THANK YOU.

Wrapping Mappa Mundi Mod (notes new to the wrapping version at the end)

This is a modded version of my Mappa Mundi scenario (one based off the Hereford Mappa Mundi, a traditional T-O map…don't forget to pay attention to the corners of the map!). Originally, I kept it a scenario in order to make it conveniently multiplayer. In order to do that I had to make a number of cosmetic compromises (duplicate leaders, unsatisfactory flags) as well as duplicate UUs and UBs. The mod is enabled for multiplayer, but I make no promises when it comes to OSS errors.

This mod fixes much of the cosmetic complaints I had by using my own Harp flag (from my RFC Irish Marathon mod) as well as a few other flags from the RFC mod

I've also altered the xml to create some new civs with UUs and UBs for Ireland, Scotland, Venice and the Papal States.

New leaderhead graphics have been used that are available on the forum, they are
for William Wallace, El Cid by ekmek (although I couldn't find the button file, so I made my own)
for Alfred I, Basil II by ekmek
for Otto I, Michael by ekmek
for Pope Gregory I, the pope by ekmek

I've also killed global warming. After the Hadley CRU/NASA GISS debacle, it's debatable whether or not the feature belongs in real Earth scenarios, much less one made to reflect the medieval European understanding of the world.

I confess, little to no effort has been made to update the civilopedia or the like, and the buttons for the UBs and UUs are largely the same as those of the buildings/units I modified, but they make sense so I left them.

Mod V2 (Wrapping) Notes***In this further expansion, there is more flavor added to the Muslim world, while the Portuguese have been eliminated (along with the Japanese and Vikings). There is more flavor added to the fantasy areas, which have all been expanded. Atlantis, for instance, is the only place to find Uranium and Aluminum. The Kingdom of Prester John is now inhabited by a nonplayable civ of the same name and some nifty commerce-generating buildings. Feel free to ally with him, vassalize him or conquer him. Ocean tiles are now impassable until Chemistry, but that is all that is needed to reach the fantasy areas or cross the ocean of the newly-wrapping world to the Orient. The Byzantines are now playable, but have an Immortal handicap set. Neither the Byzantines, the Holy Roman Empire, nor any of the minor civs can make Settlers anymore, so if you're playing the Germans of the Byzantines you'll have to get creative, especially when it comes to Uranium and Aluminum - either trade for them or conquer settlements that have them. In an effort to make the Byzantines even more challenging to play (and compensate for all the extra cities), they have been set permanently at war with the three empires of the Muslim world. In order to prevent premature contact between Europe and the Non-European civs, a new religion, Oriental Christianity, was created in place of Taoism. It would be historically accurate for the Nestorian and Ethiopian Christians to be out of contact with the European Christians in this era.

Have fun!

-Antaine
  • mm_KKW.jpg
    mm_KKW.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 264
Author
antaine
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating