is there a way to exclude leaders?

civvver

Deity
I don't want to hand select all my opponents but there's a few leaders I hate playing against- Mansa is the one that comes to mind right now- and was wondering if you can set up a game to play random ais but exclude some without entering world builder to check your opponents.

I'd like a similar aspect. I usually like to have the computer select the leader I play, however, there's a few leaders I hate to play or I get a lot. Thinking at the top of my head, Saladin and Isabella come to mind.

I'm not sure if such an option exists,but I do know that selecting your own opponets is better in some ways.I saw leaders I usaully don't face do really well De gaulle and Mao come to mind and Cyrus/tokugawa did alright,but it was fun without monty zulu or spain and even tho I do like a military challenge I like to get it from the mongols or china or france/england since churchill can be a pain or a pushover sometimes.Bismark was insane and even had a vassal/tech lead,but I used an AI style and invaded the vassal with cannons and so many muskets/rifles he was overwealmed and then upgraded to infantry to finish off Bismark,

It takes forever,but try to mix it up by hand selecting your enemies/rival since in this way you can meet other leaders that aren't seen often.

You need to copy the leaderhead xml into the custom assets folder, and then disable whatever leaders you don't like in the XML.

IMO it's better to just learn how to deal with all of them, but if you want someone out that's the easiest way.

But if you don't understand all the programming thingies, you can just Choose other leaders (Like Ghandi and Hatty). Won't take more then a minute.
Yet you still do want the taste of Randomness, you better just need to learn how to face those leaders.

"All the programming thingies" are not at all difficult, at least in this case. You just need to copy the "CivilizationInfos.xml" from the default Assets/XML/Civilizations folder to your Custom Assets/XML/Civilizations folder. Don't edit the one in your default Assets folder, you'll mess up your game.

Then use Ctrl+F to find the civilization/leader you want to remove. If it's a civ you don't want to see, you can replace the 1's in "<bPlayable>1</bPlayable>" and "<bAIPlayable>1</bAIPlayable>" with 0's. If it's just a leader, do the same for the "<bLeaderAvailability>1</bLeaderAvailability>" line. (Better not leave any civilization still playable but with no leaders though...)

I did this for my game for the Native American Empire, but not because I hate playing as or against them. I just think it's a silly civilization. If they had gone with Sioux or Iroquois, I would leave them alone. Personal preference...

"All the programming thingies" are not at all difficult, at least in this case. You just need to copy the "CivilizationInfos.xml" from the default Assets/XML/Civilizations folder to your Custom Assets/XML/Civilizations folder. Don't edit the one in your default Assets folder, you'll mess up your game.

Then use Ctrl+F to find the civilization/leader you want to remove. If it's a civ you don't want to see, you can replace the 1's in "<bPlayable>1</bPlayable>" and "<bAIPlayable>1</bAIPlayable>" with 0's. If it's just a leader, do the same for the "<bLeaderAvailability>1</bLeaderAvailability>" line. (Better not leave any civilization still playable but with no leaders though...)

I did this for my game for the Native American Empire, but not because I hate playing as or against them. I just think it's a silly civilization. If they had gone with Sioux or Iroquois, I would leave them alone. Personal preference...

Off topic, but if that's your reason, couldn't you just change the civ name to Souix? That would fit with Sitting Bull then. Maybe change the UU too if you think its necessary

This is correct, it is very easy to do.

You should check out Legends of Revolution. It does exactly that.

They are for me. :p

Oh I know how to deal with Mansa, he's just annoying and has popped up into my last 4 games or so. Sometimes I just want a different style game without the same 4 leaders I keep seeing. I'm playing large/huge 18 civs so you get on runs with a lot of repeat leaders.

Oh I know how to deal with Mansa, he's just annoying and has popped up into my last 4 games or so. Sometimes I just want a different style game without the same 4 leaders I keep seeing. I'm playing large/huge 18 civs so you get on runs with a lot of repeat leaders.

Dude you pretty much have to select your leader ...either that or learn how to code The Mali out of the game....

oh maybe try random leader,,,,same leaders different civs might mix it up enough

Go to custom game, choose Montezuma of Mali as one of your opponents and you should be okay.

I also hate how they called them 'Native American Empire' in Civ4, like how is that the name of the race? That is just the modern English name, not the name they would have called themselves.

Top Bottom