(2-VT) decrease AI luxury payment by 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusbeh

Chieftain
Proposal: AI will offer half the amount of gold it now offers for luxuries related to the WLTKD change.

Rationale: In all of my games the AI boosts my economy through the roof by giving ridiculous 30 gpt deals in the medieval era. A big part of the money overflow right now is that you get a booming economy going with zero effort because of AI deals. I think you should see effort into building a decent economy for your empire and halving the amount of gold the AI gives would be a fine start.

I will add that for some reason the AI does not always seek to buy a resource for WLTKD, but if offered, it will gladly buy for a lot of money. Something to do with player opinion modifiers and AI doesn't initiate the deal itself.

You would think it better if AI only pays 6 gpt in Ancient and Classical?

6 gpt in the ancient era would be great for one luxury yes. I would accept that deal every time.

I am in Renaissance, this version I get paid 9-13 GPT, much less than previous, much better. Most of my deals 9-10 GPT. Only 3 deals 25 from Spain, 25 and 34 from Montezuma and he had 14 cities - 5 conquered and we had DoF and DP, also DoF with Spain. Seems opinion has much weight.

In my game I get 48 GPT for one luxury from a hostile Shaka. This is early renaissance era and he's my only neighbour and about the same power level as I am. He makes 21 GPT after the deal and I make 234 GPT. My total income is 400 GPT without expenses, of which 140 GPT are from other civs (all from luxuries). Standard map size, 8 civs, normal speed, emperor difficulty.

Last edited:
In my game I get 48 GPT for one luxury from a hostile Shaka. This is early renaissance era
36 GPT is the maximum you should be getting for a deal in Renaissance, that was implemented in 3.0. So either you are on an older version or this is a bug.

1670178448046.png

Playing on 3.0.1

Proposal vetoed.

Reason:
Discretionary veto because the proposal is based on a bugged mechanic. Can be re-proposed after deal valuation is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom