(2-VT) Lakes are ignored from the blockade condition calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
counterproposal to this: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ade-adjacent-lake-tiles-with-no-units.680791/

Proposal: Normally the blockade condition requires every tile around the city to be "blocked" by an enemy unit. In this proposal, lake tiles are ignored for that calculation. This means if every other tile around a city other than the lakes are blocked, the city is blockaded.

Rationale: The one issue with the original proposal is it doesn't help in situations where a city has 3 connected lake tiles around it. At that point, you can no longer blockade it even with the original proposal. This method addresses that problem. I am leaving open both because I think this method might have some coding difficulties that the first method does not. If this one is not a problem to code, I consider it superior to my original proposal.

Note: The other major difference between this proposal and the original, in this version the lake tiles would still be workable by the city, even if the city was blockaded.

Proposal vetoed.

Reason:
Rule change; only one proposal affecting the same game mechanic may be submitted by the same person in one session. (i.e. No counterproposals by the same proposer). Current counterproposals were grandfathered in as they were allowed when the counterproposal was made, but new ones cannot be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom