Bad Icons on ModModMod

Omegon3

Prince
With apologies, I'm making what I THOUGHT were some minor modifications to your FINE "modmod". In an effort to incorporate some additional artwork into the "FPK" file, I unpacked Orbis and the source artwork that I wanted to add to it, then repacked it into a single "FPK" file. Well, the additional artwork shows up fine and everything SEEMS to work correctly except...

In place of the normal "health", "happy", "unhappy", and "unhealthy" symbols, I'm getting the wrong icons when I hover over a resource or go into a city screen. For instance, "Health" shows as "Unhappy" and the others are symbols that I don't even recognize. You can probably guess my next question...

What the heck did I screw up?

Given that I only ADDED to the "art" files and used in the Orbis artwork in all cases applicable, I'm not sure how I managed to do this. Also in the "XML" art files I only added new items and didn't modify any existing ones.

Thanks for anyone who can set this hacker straight.

I know nothing of modding, but I'm gonna hazard a guess: you shifted the art files' definitions when merging, somehow! Aren't I a helpful person. :l

What did you add exactly?

Also, you need not to modify the FPK to only add art. I advise you to just use the Assets/Art/ folder and not to meddle with the FPK.

It seems like you've done something with GameFont.tga though.

What did you add exactly?

Also, you need not to modify the FPK to only add art. I advise you to just use the Assets/Art/ folder and not to meddle with the FPK.

It seems like you've done something with GameFont.tga though.
When compressed into an "FPK", my game seems to run better. The art I added was only for some new units, buildings, and resources (obviously impacting the XML files also). The "GameFont.tga" apparently is NOT the problem. I reloaded Orbis and copied the TWO sets of "GameFont" files from standard Orbis to my new version -- didn't change a thing. It's really weird because, in the "City" listing, there are columns that no longer have ANY icons (the four or five farthest to the right). The other weird thing is when looking at the units in a city the experience values appears as question marks (????/?????).

Any more suggestions?

Top Bottom