[BNW] Bug? AI receiving thousand gold pert turn

Tiramisu

Warlord
It seems like I am not the only one with this issue.

https://gaming.stackexchange.com/qu...e-ai-makes-like-3000-gold-per-turn-on-warlord

By using the autoplay function from Firetuner, I could see the deal history of the AI, where one side gets a one-sided deal worth thousands of gold per turn in return for nothing. This even happens, when the other side does not actually have that much money. So it is definitely a bug.
The question is whether it is a bug in the vanilla game or from a mod. Since I am using mods, I cannot make an official bug report, but I wanted to ask if other people had the same problems.

Here is one example, where I started a turn as Hiawatha who was originally controlled by the AI. It shows how the AI is not getting its money from any kind of cheats or normal income. It is bugged diplomacy.

Attachments

• 20240116231627_1.jpg
    20240116231627_1.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 84
I had this issue about a year ago (also using a lot of mods). Montezuma had more than 1000 GPT despite being in the Medieval Era (and Prince difficulty). The issue never came around again and I never discovered what caused it

Sadly I have to encounter this bug relatively often. It happened in my last game and in my current game this bug occurred to three civs at the same time. They had a friendly relationship with each other, so probably they did not get the gold by making threats.
If I find the source for this bug, I will make sure to share it here. Until then I would be glad to hear about workaround solutions. My current workaround is to use Firetuner in order to set the total amount of gold of those civs to 0 in each turn until their bugged gold deal expires. Another way of temporarily fixing the bug is to remove the civ that causes it. E.g. in my current game it was Ghandi who gave around 2000 gold to both Dido and Hiawatha (while he himself had more than -4000 gold per turn losses). Once I conquered Ghandi's last city, the problem was "fixed". ;)

Top Bottom