• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bulgaria in civ4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously the first bulgars who came to the balcans conquered those areas, and i dont think that the byzantine empire gave them willingly ;)
I think that bulgaria could have been a serious regional power, in eastern europe, but not really a world power since it didnt have influence in the west (frankish kngdom) or the east (arabs) like the byzantine empire did. But i do not claim that i am familiar with bulgarian history :( I hope that in the future the school history books here provide more info on the history of neighbouring nations, since when i went to school there was little to none...

varwnos said:
i think that arcbulgar meant that bulgaria was stronger/richer than france during the height of bulgaria's power (and compared to 'france' of that era). The height of bulgarian power is iirc somewhere between the 9th and 11th aeon. It did have a large area at some of those times, possibly of the size of france.
Oh, please.
Even at the peak of its power, the Bulgarian "empire" was still, at best, half the size and several times less populous than France. And it was only a thorn in the size of the Byzantine Empire, never a power that could compare to it. Don't let the Arc delusions confuse you.
arcbulgar(bg) said:
I wonder if bulgaria was as isugnificant, badly organized weeker than the romans(or greeks) why bulgaria , no make that 2 bulgarias were in fact recognized as world power and an empier.
Because Bulgaria was NEVER recognized as a world power, and you're simply inventing that out of blind nationalism.
It wasn't even recognized as a Europe-wide power. It was only a regional power.
Wy bulgaria never expanded as the roman empier for instance.Two are the reazons:
1 Bulgars never attempted to control other people if ofcorse they hadn`t join willingly(and that was a comon site for volga bulgaria,for the few slavic tribes in the balkans,and some greek and roman citezens.)Why would the greek and roman people whould prefer the backword and pathetic bulgar contry and abondon theirs , representetives of might.
Yeah, so the Bulgars were nice people who only wanted others to join willingly and could have conquered the world if they weren't so nice...
This would be naive if it wasn't just jingoism.
One would also wonder, if they were so ethical and nice, why did they conquered the bulgarian region (because they conquered it, as they were originated from Asia) ?
2 the bulgars allmost never used soldiers from conqued nations(if there were any)and that makes their army insafitiant rome,mongols,russians all of them used foreign soldiers and in fact,and i have to say maybe thats the reason why most of them don`t exist.
Bullcrap. Alexander conquered it's whole empire using Macedonian and Greeks soldiers alone, and hadn't the opportunity to use the Epigonoi. Rome only used strictly Roman people in its legion for a long time, and for an equally long time, used non-Roman people as "auxilia", which were much less numerous than Romans.
And all of them used perhaps, later, foreign soldiers, but were already important powers when they did, while Bulgaria never risen above "regional power".

doronron said:
Arc, this has gone beyond ridiculous.

Super, how could you? Everyone knows the Judean People's Front was the better resistance movement! :p
lol..i totally couldnt remember what one it was ...that whole argument at the collaseum..lol...ill change it..dont want to be a "splitter"..thanks. although their sucide squad may be worth the shame..lol

but this has become nonsense...bulgaria wont be in civ...which is what this aurgument is supposed to be about.

You're welcome, Superkrest. :)

Which do you prefer?

"Always look on the bright side of life..."

-OR-

"Every sperm is sacred!"

Arc's stance has been nonsense from the beginning, unfortunately. It's just recently reached a point where it is blindingly obvious. Bulgaria has always been a middle of the pack, regional power. Capable of keeping itself sovereign (just barely), but it has never been a going concern on the world stage.

It looks like the bulgaria stronger than france thing droped like a bomb :lol:. If i would be in his position now i woud abandon CFC.

You shouldnt say that, no one has to abandon anything... People are here so that they can enjoy themselves, not so as to fight one another (at least most). How would you feel if someone claimed that you had to leave? Such things are not pleasant at all.

Also it is perfectly understandable that anyone would want his country in a game, so that he can play as them. Besides it isnt like anyone suffers from a remark one makes about his country, even if it isnt realistic. What is more important than being realistic about such things is to maintain some level of decent behaviour towards another human being.

Oh man don't you have a sense of humor?, that was a joke mate. I don't force to leave anyone but he should start a new thread about this in the Civ3 - Creation & Customization Section and talk about a mod and not Civ 4.

doronron said:
You're welcome, Superkrest. :)

Which do you prefer?

"Always look on the bright side of life..."

-OR-

"Every sperm is sacred!"

Arc's stance has been nonsense from the beginning, unfortunately. It's just recently reached a point where it is blindingly obvious. Bulgaria has always been a middle of the pack, regional power. Capable of keeping itself sovereign (just barely), but it has never been a going concern on the world stage.

i actually perfer the "knights of the round table"

and speaking of this..."just become some watery tart says so." j/k bulgars...gawd..if i have learned anything is that bulgars did do more then i thought..but not from this thread....from the research i did to counter claims made here...which i then learned , were fasinatingly wrong compared to common knowledge based on hard fact...i did see alot of claims made here , online as well..but if you read close theres alot of "some people belive" or "it is rumored" or "some people argue" ..but not much of "in this date______". thats all i needed

"Just one more thing" when bulgaria was at the peak of its power and was recognized az one of the 3 world empiers France never even existed there was the empier of the franks.which was defeted by the forces of the bulgars of Omurtag.And a hronical from that time recognizes tree empiers-The Franks,Bulgars,Romans(Bizantia).SO i gues that during the early middle ages there were bulgar shuvenizum as well.

And one more thing the capital pliska was allmost as big as constantinopol it self and the buglars were one of the bigest nations.

arcbulgar(bg) said:
"Just one more thing" when bulgaria was at the peak of its power and was recognized az one of the 3 world empiers
Bulgaria was never even a pan-european power, much less a world empire.
You can keep repeating it until your tongue is blue, it still won't change reality.
France never even existed there was the empier of the franks.
Well, the empire of the Franks is much more France than the Bulgarian Empire is Bulgaria. At least, there is a direct and unbroken continuity between the two, and not a 500 years gap of disappearing under Ottoman rule.
which was defeted by the forces of the bulgars of Omurtag.And a hronical from that time recognizes tree empiers-The Franks,Bulgars,Romans(Bizantia).SO i gues that during the early middle ages there were bulgar shuvenizum as well.
You are aware that it's not because it's named "empire" that it's automatically stronger than anything named differently ?
You are aware that the victories Omurtag had against the Franks allowed just to set the frontier, and happened at a moment where the Frankish empire was in civil war due to the succession problems between Louis the Pious and his sons ?
And these wars didn't turn that well against Byzantium, where he was crushed and his capitol burned, by the way.
And one more thing the capital pliska was allmost as big as constantinopol it self and the buglars were one of the bigest nations.
Yeah, of course :D
Before or after being burned to the ground by Byzantium ? ^^

"Well, the empire of the Franks is much more France than the Bulgarian Empire is Bulgaria" With that you just prooven to me how little you know.Franks were germans,french,italians.And to say that the franks are only french well i gues that the germans and italians won`t be happy about it.And the ottoman slavery did made a lot of damege to the bulgars.Before that they were as or even more than the english after that they are just a small contry fighting,with the hope to unite the remainings of their nation.And in this fight we again prooved that we are great becouse i don`t know any other small contry to be recognized as a reason for the first world war to go on for the last 2 years(and bulgaria was from a french govornor).But were bulgars before are bulgars now and i am sure everyone here will agree with that.

And ofcorse about that:"Yeah, of course
Before or after being burned to the ground by Byzantium " and right after that the bulgar khan drunk his wine from the skull of the great emperor that acheved that.

Oh well, this is pointless.
Stick to your nationalistic dream outta reality. I'll stick with reality and real history myself.
I'm done with this thread, there is a limit to how much absurdities someone can take.

Geesh! This discussion is still going on! Wow.
OK, arcbulgar, just mod it! It is like modding Halo on x-box or any FPS to fit Bulgars: you want to fit the Bulgars in Civ 4, probably one of the easiest game to mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom